Wishing

The scenery in Ohio is beautiful. All the houses are tall and spacious like my own, the stores are large and inviting, everything looks so homey. Driving through the town automatically leads to the countryside that surrounds us. The hills stretch for what seems like miles. Some are filled with corn; while others are filled with wheat and other crops for the farmers to mill. No life except the farm life and some small houses just for some to relax in and to get away from the city life in.
Ohio is beautiful, except for of course our smaller more not beautiful parts. There are the smaller houses that are connected to each other as you drive that most people would consider the "ghetto" of Ohio towns. I somehow find beauty in them though. There's the beauty of being closer to your family in a smaller combined house instead of one like mine that brings beauty to the ghetto.
As I drive I see Chloe and her mothers worried faces watching me. Chloe is in tears as her mother rubs her back. I drive past them and slow to a stop.
As I pull up to the hospital and start to walk around I hear crying. It's amazing how sad one place can be. Turning into a room I see myself with Chloe and her mother. Then I wake up.

The doctors clear me to leave while Chloe gives me some clothes to change into and leaves me by myself to change. As I look in the mirror at myself I don't really recognize myself.
My long blonde hair is dirty and needs to be washed desperately, my deep brown eyes are dark and my left is bruised from the kick. I'm still short, I guess that's the only thing that's the same. In the end though I don't really recognize myself; I just don't really feel like me right now.
Changing my clothes and brushing my hair didn't help, it kind of just made me feel more like the person I wanted to be on the inside; the out person who was free to be herself and be with her girlfriend when she wanted.
Chloe and her mom give me a ride home from the hospital but I don't want to go. I want to stay with Chloe, I want to stay with her mom; no one knows what waits at my house. I ask to be dropped down the block and Chloe's mom obliged even with Chloe kicking and screaming in the front seat.
Walking towards my house was terrifying, it didn't feel inviting anymore. Our house felt dark now and gave off a scary vibe. I didn't want to knock but I didn't have any of my stuff from school and I wasn't allowed to drive because of the concussion.