Miraculous: Chapter 21

-MARINETTE-

Marinette had finally decided to wear the maternity jeans her mother sewn in for her.

She continued to wear her baggy sweater.

She didn't feel up for telling Adrien just yet. At that moment she felt she had no reason to.

She did feel a little bad, that Chat was suddenly pushed towards the back of her head. Right now she just wanted to focus on Adrien.

As unrealistic as it sounded, he had asked her out.

It was unreal, and for Marinette, it was like a dream.

Tikki looked at Marinette with a grimace as she zipped up her sweater.

Marinette sighed as she brushed her fingers across her bangs.

"I wonder if I should probably just buy bigger shirts, so that I don't die in this sweater." She breathed.

She turned to look at Tikki.

Marinette furrowed her brow as she noticed Tikki's expression.

"What is it, Tikki?" Marinette asked nervously.

Tikki carefully floated towards her neck and sat on her shoulder.

"I'm happy for you, Marinette." She said softly.

"But... If you plan on being more than just friends, he should know that you're pregnant."

Marinette listened to Tikki's words.

She was right, and she knew it. But what were the chances that was going to happen?

They were just hanging out, they weren't doing anything else.

"Tikki, we're just hanging out. I doubt anything else will happen. He didn't ask me out officially." Marinette explained.

Tikki looked at Marinette.

"But what if he does...?"

Marinette sighed, and rubbed the back of her neck.

She looked at Tikki.

"Then I'll just tell him." She said softly, all spirit immediately draining from her.

She pulled at her sweater lightly, and walked out her bedroom through the trap door.

Her parents remained in the living room.

Adrien had went home to drop off his school supplies and ask his driver to pick him up and drop the two of them off by the Eiffel tower.

The sky had already began to darken. It had taken a dark Orange color to it.

Her mother sipped her coffee carefully as her dad seemed to almost fall asleep on the couch.

She looked at her mother who approached her.

"Where are you going?" She asked, in a low whisper as her father stirred in his sleep.

Marinette looked at her father and then at her mother.

"I'm going out with a friend." She replied with a whisper.

Her mother furrowed her brow.

"A friend? Alya?"

Marinette shook her head.

"No, he's a different friend." Marinette confirmed.

Her mother raised a brow.

"He? You mean he's a boy?" Her mother asked curiously.