Chapter 1- Bacon and Bitches

*~*Joey's POV*~*

"Im going to miss you so much. You're the only sane person in this town."

My best friend, Ryan, stood before me. The removal truck idled behind him as his parents loaded it with their furniture and belongings. I still couldn't get my head around the fact that he was leaving, he had just always been here, there, wherever you needed him really.

"The bands still here, though, and you never know whose going to move in." He gestured behind him to his now empty house.

"The band lives 2 towns over! And what are we even going to do? We don't have a singer anymore!"

The removal truck sounded its horn and Ryan made his way to the passenger-side door, stepping in carefully and leaving me in the dust as it drove away. I waved at the truck as it became smaller and smaller, rumbling down the quiet streets of our neighbourhood.

My house was next door to Ryan's, we had so many memories and it felt almost upsetting to see them all go in the turn of a key. I stormed back into my house to hear Peyton singing, again. How many times do I have to tell her? She can't sing!

"OHMYGOD IS KITTY OKAY?" I screamed.

Peyton turned on her heel to face me.

"What?"

Peyton and I are complete opposites, she was popular and I was an outcast, she had amazing grades and I barely passed and she had a boyfriend and I was exactly like my bed, single.

"Oh our cat, you know Kitty? I thought I heard her dying, or maybe that was just your singing"

She crossed her arms and stormed away. I whirled around to head to the kitchen, my bacon was calling me, actually my bacon always calls me.

I opened the door to the kitchen, checked behind me as I slipped through the door. Ninja bacon thief mode activate. I pressed myself to a wall and peered out from behind the corner to see if the kitchen was all clear. I stealthily ran to the freezer and got out some bacon from my infinite stash.

I ducked beneath the counter and got onto my hands and knees reaching for the pan which was so close... just got to reach that one bit further... my hand grabbed the handle of the pan.

"You know, dear, too much bacon will make you fat."

I screamed and pulled the pan out, along with the pan came many pots cooking utensils tumbling onto the marble floor. I quickly got off my hands and knees and tried to stand up but my head collided with the counter that I was under. I cursed loudly before crawling out and coming face to face with my mother.

"Mother, uh, it's not what it looks like?" I held the pan which I had in one hand and the frozen bacon which I had I the other up hopefully. "I was, uh, cooking for Kitty?"

"Don't be silly, Josephine, Kitty died 2 years ago." She snatched the pan and bacon out of my hands. "Now what I really need to talk about is that we have invited the new residents of that scumbag friend of yours' house over for dinner. We need you to dress appropriately and that means none of... this." She looked at my outfit which included a black band tee and red skinny jeans.

With that said she walked out, putting the pan on the bench and the bacon in the rubbish.

How dare she? First she calls me Josephine, its JOEY, got it? J-O-E-Y. Nothing else. Next she calls Ryan a scumbag? Why? Because she is determined to be higher than anyone in this neighbourhood. And then just to top it off she steals my bacon? Shit will go down. Mark my words.

*~*Authors Note*~*

I have no idea whether thats what Jen does or not but annnnyyywaaaaayyy. i tried. thats like my life motto. WOW LUCY! YOU TRIED! OMF! anyway. so i see big things for this. do you see big things for this? cause i do! do you? I do! okay ill stop. so Jen's part will probably be better but im really just introducing Joey & Peyton. and shit. so yeah. im going to go before i say anything stupid because i just had 2 mugs of coffee. asdfghjkl. And also guys, check out our individual accounts: Lucy- @Basicallylucy & Jen- @foreverjen

Also we apologize for the wait and short length of this chapter but we believe that waiting before posting this chapter was the right decision. And chapters will be longer soon.

xoxo

Gossip Goat

xx

Lucy