A Day to Remember

"Give me the letter!" I demand, though I just rip it from his hand.

I began to read the letter:

           "Dear Broly,
              It is your beloved King, King Vegeta. The new King to be exact. I had sent this letter for a truce. It is was obvious that my father didn't dare let you into his kingdom, but he didn't see what I saw. He saw a bloodthirsty brute, I saw a warrior.
If you wish to redeem yourself to your fellow race, return this letter with a ✔️ mark. If you wouldn't, simply don't return the letter.
It is your mistake to not return this.

The King of Saiyans,
Vegeta"

I glance over at my mate with the same face. He had lost his wide-eyed look and he gained a smile. My brows pinned slightly together in confusion.

"Now, what did I say about keeping your head up?" He said sarcastically.

I playfully punch his shoulder and he laughs. I only emitted a chuckle. He looked down at the paper.

"So. Are you gonna sign it?"

I glanced down at it, observing the check mark. I gain a frown. This could obviously be a trap. Why would the king want me? I placed my hand at the top of the paper as if I was going to crumble the paper, which I was, but Kakkarot grabbed my wrist before I could.

"Don't! Broly, this is your opportunity to finally redeem yourself! Why aren't you taking it?"

"Do you hear yourself? My name and redeem don't go together. I can't redeem myself after all the killings I have done. It's... It's impossible."

I crumble the paper up and toss it behind me. I get up, walking to my room and gently closing the door. I sit on my bed and slide my bangs back, closing my eyes with a sigh.

"It's impossible."

-Goku's POV-

I wish I could just help Broly, boost his self confidence. What is it that he isn't telling me? Sure, he's told me lots of things, but I'm afraid he's not telling the full 100%. I then gained a determined look, getting up from the balcony. I walk inside and shut the door behind me.

"He's going, whether he wants to or not."

I grab the balled paper and stared it down.

"By my force."

I unravel the paper and grab a pen. I thought about what I was doing. Maybe Broly was right... Maybe this is a trap... Maybe they will kill him and I'll die along with him...- WHAT AM I THINKING?! I should go ahead and check this off before I get even more second thoughts.

I check it off quickly, soon flying outside and and placing it at quietly as I can into the mailbox.

"Now... We wait." I say to myself and gain a smile. I fly back up to our tree house and went inside. "We wait for redemption." I say.

Huh, never thought I'd use that word.