Twenty Nine

November 21st
22:31

Calum's POV

Tara stood staring at me for a split second, her a face a mixture of outrage and hurt before she turned around and fled, leaving me dwelling knee deep in my thoughts confused as to how she knew it was me.

Had she known the entire time?

Well it seems like it.

Why didn't she just say?

I think she left enough hints dipshit.

No she didn't, I think if have known.

Come on idiot how many times did she type "C" and then panic and try to cover it up.

How many times did she use phrases like "I know that" and "I can see you clearly"

Well they were just coincidences. I'd have known if she knew right?

Don't lie to yourself Calum.

Shut up.

"Calum honey?" A soft voice called out.

"Yes mum?" I snapped my head left upon hearing my mothers voice.

"Tara seemed pretty upset, wh-" but I don't let her finish, I stood up quickly not bothering to pick up the chair I knocked over and sprinted in the direction I'd seen Tara leave in distress, ignoring the snobby looks that were shot my way as I pushed through the doors to the restaurant.

I pulled my phone out from the pocket of my skinny jeans, dialling the all too familiar number I've been texting these past few weeks.

Voicemail.

I tried three more times still receiving no answer. I was now stood in the middle of the restaurants car park, my head scanning left to right for the familiar girl who invaded my mind 24/7 and has done ever since we were younger.

Then I saw her, sitting on a wall. Her legs swinging back and fourth as she sat deep in thought.

When I reached her I said nothing. I just sat down next to her, leaving no space in between us, minutes passed before I found my voice.

"You knew it was me?"

"Of course I did," she spoke quietly, absentmindedly twirling her fingers around one another.

"The whole time?" I asked facing her.

She turned to face me and my breath caught in my throat as I saw tear marks staining her cheeks, "From the first day,"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I smiled slightly, feeling kind of stupid for not realising she'd figure it out so quickly.

"I was scared like you," she shrugged slightly.

"Of what?" I raised my voice slightly, frustration getting the better of me, it clearly only aggravated Tara though because she shot up like a bolt.

"I was scared if I told you I knew it was really you, you'd leave me like before. How you left me for Luke!" She yelled at me, tears brimming in her eyes again, "I wasn't good enough for you to stick around then and I was scared I wouldn't be enough now!" She screamed the last part and my heart stopped.

She thought she wasn't good enough then?

She still thinks that?

This is all my fault.

"Tara I..." I stuttered, unable to say what I wanted to say.

"Don't Calum, just don't," she sobbed turning away from me.

I've made the love of my life cry.

Fix it dumbass.

"Tara," I spoke, but she ignored me, still facing the other way, "Tara please,"

Nothing.

So I grabbed her wrist spinning her round until her chest met mine. I gripped firmly at her waist so she wouldn't turn away from me again and held her chin between my fingers making her look up at me.

She was gazing at me awestruck and her eyes were so captivating I found myself leaning in to her, something I've only ever dreamt of.

"Baby I left beca-" but she didn't allow me to finish. Instead she cut me off, crashing her lips into mine.