Epilogue

2 years later

"Hey baby look at what I've found!" I heard Tara yell excitedly from one of the rooms upstairs somewhere.

Placing the few boxes I'd been carrying in from the truck, I headed toward the stairs taking two at a time, then quickly searching each and every room I found her.

I found my beautiful 21 year old newly wedded wife.

"Look at this," she chuckled handed me a white wooden photo frame she'd unpacked from the jungle of boxes that filled the master bedroom.

"Wow," I muttered to myself smiling as I looked at the picture.

It was of me and Tara. We could of only been 5 or 6 years old. She had not long moved in next door with her mum and I remember thinking to myself all day and the day following as I saw her again at school that she was absolutely beautiful.

That same day she came up to me and asked if I'd be her bestest friend forever because I was big and strong and I needed to teach her how ride a bike.

She gave me a quick kiss when I said I'd be her bestest friend forever if one day we could get married and have a huge jinormous house with a puppy called Axel.

"Well we made it huh?" she smiled warmly looking up at me as she wrapped her arms my torso and snuggled her head into my chest.

"Not exactly, I don't see Axel running around us do you?" I chuckled leaning my neck around as I searched for my dream puppy.

"And I don't remember you teaching me to ever ride that bike either Mr Hood," she smirked before pecking my lips once, twice and a third time before glancing side wards at the boxes.

She moved to stand by one and pulled out a few other photo frames to admire, I stood smiling at the fond memories we'd created together in these past two, well almost three years, "One day I'll teach our children to make up for it," I replied as I hugged her from behind, resting my chin in her shoulder, placing kisses there when I heard her sigh.

"What you thinking baby?" I asked holding her tight.

"Just that there were so many times when I thought my future would be dark and miserable. When dad left me and mum, when she was in that horrible relationship with the abusive guy, when everyone in school found out, the day you drifted away and then again when Michael left..." She sighed as she reminisced, "But then you came back, you brought back hope and light into my life. I grew closer with Luke and even got the chance to see Michael again and we became better friends than I can imagine,"

"I'm so glad everything worked out for you baby," I hummed, pressing a firm kiss to her temple.

"No everything worked out for us babe," she smiled turning to face me. I pecked her lips before resting my forehead against hers, "God I love you so much,"

"I love you too Mrs Tara Hood,"

~