It's Out!

Over the next few weeks Mia and Jon and I have been growing closer. It made me miss Trevor. Although thinking about trying to find ways to control a dragon but nothing came. My lessons with Snape contained both Training and potions. My father has been extra assholeish, my friends... It sounds weird now that I have friends but anyway they don't know about my fathers abuse, I'm hoping they don't find out at all. What would they think?

The first task was tomorrow night. My nerves were getting worse. I avoided my father the best I could but he always caught me off guard. I went down to dinner even though I wasn't hungry.

"Hello Miss Raven, are you ready for your first task tomorrow?" Albus asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be sir." I retorted.

"You have your final session with Severus tonight?" He asked a slight twinkle in his eyes.

"After dinner sir." I nodded.

I picked at my food not really eating when Jon and Mia came and sat by me.

"Hey Rave what's up?" Mia asked.

"Getting ready to head to my last session with Snape." She gave me a look.

"What?" I asked not really wanting to know the answer.

"You two seem to spend a lot of time together. Potion lessons, training. You two are close." She giggled annoyingly.

"Oh please, Snape? Have feelings? No way, he's an asshole and my professor. That would be like me saying hey you and headmaster seem to love each other." I laughed. A real genuine laugh. I lied. I did like spending time with Severus. He didn't seem all that bad.

Its been a long time since I even smiled but Mia and Jon always make me laugh and have a good time. I don't have to be anyone else when I'm with them or Severus..

"Ew fine okay." Mia laughed.

"How was your ancient runes class Mia?" I laughed knowing it was her worst subject.

"Fine Phoenix." She laughed.

After dinner I walked down into the 2st floor corridor and into the room of requirement.

Snape wasn't here yet. I sat by the fire looking into it. Odds are I was gonna be set on fire or eaten tomorrow at the task.

"I'm screwed." I mumbled. I ran through every spell possible but nothing came. 20 minutes into it and Snape hasn't showed up. I waited and waited but he never came. I left out of room after practicing by myself and went to my dorm. Mia and Jon must of been asleep. I climbed the steps to my room and opened the door.

"Dad? What are you doing here? Your not allowed in the girls dorm." He stormed up to me and grabbed me by the throat throwing me against the wall.

"Who have you told? You stupid little girl!" He bellowed.

"Wh, what are you talking a, about?" I grunted standing up.

"Let me guess Snape. He can't keep his nose out of other peoples business. Bet you told him how I beat you. You deserve to be beaten. You need it." He spat coming for me and scratching my throat.

"I haven't said anything." My breath was uneven as I tried to take in air. My lung poked at me from where I had hit on the floor. White dots and lines prickled my vision.

I heard yelling and another blow to my face before I blacked out.

When I woke I was in a dimly lit room. The walls were white and other beds were here. I sat up from my bed and looked around.

"Phoenix thank god you're awake. Are you okay? What happened!" Mia started stammering.

"I, Mia! What time is it? Whens the task?" I blurted.

"You have serval hours until the task. Miss Rover would you mind giving Phoenix and I some time alone." Albus stood there looking at Mia for a moment before she hugged me and left.

"Headmaster, how did I get here?" I asked my throat still hurting.

"Severus brought you here." He gestured to a space in the corner. Sure enough Severus was there in the shadows.

"Why? How could you!" I yelled sitting up some more.

"Phoenix please lay down." Albus pushed on my shoulder gently.

"No, its your fault I'm in here Snape. If you would of kept your mouth shut none of this would of happened. No one would know." I was aware of the tears on my cheeks.

Severus was looking at me with such intensity. I couldn't take it. I looked at him and shook my head before transforming into my fox form and running.

Everyone would know that I'm weak and was abused. What would become of my father? What would happen to him? Who would I have left?

I ran into my dorm room and slammed the door shut. I went into my bathroom pulling out my wand; my voice cracked as I whispered "accio pencil sharpener." One thing muggles are good at is making handy things. I unscrewed the nail and took out the blade. The cold silver felt good in my hands. I rolled up my sleeve and pressed the sharp end to my skin.

"Phoenix don't. You worked hard to quit. Don't start now." My eyes began to water and my throat burned. I didn't care. Without thinking I pressed harder and pulled it across. Only my quivering sighs, and the trickle of blood droplets hitting the floor could be heard.

About 7 or 8 cuts later I laid the blade in the sink wiping up the blood quickly as a knock could be heard from my bathroom. I wrapped my wrist up and rolled down my sleeve.

"Phoenix, may I have a word." It was Albus's sickly sweet voice coming through the wooden door.

Regrettably I headed towards the door and unlocked it. "Yeah." I muttered.

He entered the door and closed it again. Whispering what seemed to be a silencing charm he sat on the end of my bed looking at me.

"Phoenix. They're some things I'd like to discuss with you regarding Severus Snape and your father." There was some foreboding in his voice.

I stood quietly against the wall waiting for him to continue. What could he say that would make me feel better? Nothing!

😘 Vote & Comment 😘