First Task

There were boulders all around me. Jagged rocks poked out of the ground, and I could see the crowd above me cheering? Why were there cheering for me they didn't know me?

I stood on a boulder and caught sight of the dragon. The small model did very little justice to the real deal. Although quite beautiful and magnificent it was the half the size of Hogwarts and I could see the Golden Egg I must retrieve between its spiked tail. I moved quickly over behind another rock as the dragon moved its head towards me. I pulled out my wand. Trying to shoot a spell towards it, it did nothing but make an earsplitting sound. I tried to go for the egg but the dragon whipped around and his tail sent me flying back onto a piece of wood. My wand spiraling away from me.

This was it. I was about to die. No wand. No way out. The dragon was a few feet away from me now. Its yellow slits staring down into mine. I got an odd sensation and the dragon seemed to be talking to me. Telling me you better leave. Don't take my egg.

My leg was throbbing and I felt warm blood coming from my leg. I looked at the dragon again thinking. "Can you understand me?" The dragon lifted its head more and brought it down.

I stood up shakily. My leg throbbing worse and I raised my hands out. "That egg it is a decoy. It is not yours. This is a task I must get that egg. Your real egg is in your bunk. I swear." I limped forward a bit.

The dragon stared deeply. "May I pet you?" I asked. Reaching further.

She came close almost making me stumble. I raked my hand across her scales. "You're very beautiful, do you trust me?" I asked pointing to the egg.

He moved his head away and walked to the egg; picked it up in his mouth; brought it to me, and set it at my feet. "Thank you kind ma'am." I bowed and he went to the nest pile with his other eggs.

When I picked up the egg a cannon went off. Its like the sound that was muted since I entered the ring turned up on high. There were cheers louder than ever and people giving me confused looks. I carried the egg back into my tent where I was bombarded by the other 3 champions and some teachers.

McGonagall came in first mouth dropped open. Fudge pushed past her quickly followed by Fluer, Viktor, and Harry. Severus walked leisurely being Albus who was now approaching me silencing everyone else.

"How did you get the dragon to hand you the egg my dear?" Albus asked.

"Cheatin' o've course. She must'n have." Fluer swung her hair back scowling.

"I didn't cheat you stupid little-" My heart began to pump fast but before I could get out the rest of the sentence Albus cut in.

"Why don't we all just calm down and Phoenix will explain what happened." Albus smiled shortly and sat beside me.

I look to Severus who kept his eyes on me clearly in deep thought. I kept my eyes on him for a second more and looked at Albus.