2

Instead of my harassed brother being kept in the hospital for therapy, they're keeping me because they saw the cuts on my arms. How nice of them... NOT! It wasn't even fair that I got to stay, be disconnected from my music and life, while Xavier still lives with that hag. Sky better be taking good care of him.

"We have your test results-"

"Go away!" I spat, "You all disgust me with the way you treat me, as if I'm an animal. Taking my abused brother home and leaving me here to be a useless test subject!" The nurse squeaked with fear, and turned on her heal, leaving the room as fast as possible. Do I scare them? What's wrong with me? What is wrong I'll never know, but I don't matter, Xavier and Sky do. They're my only family left.

"Damn, you look gorgeous in those scrubs." Sky chuckled darkly as usual. I waved a little, beckoning him over for a hug. The scars on his arm looked new, bright red, his skin surrounding them puffy and pink. I glided my hand across his forearm, feeling every divot and flaw. He flinched, grabbing my hand and sighed, knowing both of us were upset. Sky didn't say much after that, other than him climbing onto the hospital bed and falling asleep with me.

I needed him with me that night, he keeps me sane. The one who I'd die without, and vice versa. Hearing a little voice I turned my head towards where Sky was, his chest vibrating, a whisper coming from his thin, pale lips.

"When I'm asleep and in a dream I'm your only one. Can we create something beautiful and destroy it? No body knows I dream about it. This is my imagination."

"I thought you didn't like any bands except Nirvana?" I mumbled into his shoulder, muffled and quiet. His band tee wrinkled underneath my weight, the clear tube pulling at my wrist, begging me to lay down for my safety. Sky held me closer to him, shrugging at my question. Time seemed to go slow as we lay there in the uncomfortable peace of the hospital room. His shoulder length bleach blonde hair slipped through my finger tips, just like Kurt's used to be.

"Sir, you need to leave I'm sorry." The doctor burst in, seeing Sky rocking me to sleep, kissing my forehead gingerly. He gave a quick smile and left, apologizing to the man in white on the way out.

I glared at the man in white, he made everyone leave. "So, how have you been?" He rambled on asking how I'd feel in certain situations. I just want to get out of here and save my brother when I turn 18 in two months. I can't fight them, so I'll have to fake everything, my happiness, my pride, my confidence, just to survive in this hell hole of a hospital.

My aunt knocked on the door, more like forced it open. She stood in only a robe and slippers, a cigarette in between her cracked lips, occasionally her large, swollen fingers. Xavier being pulled by the hair in her other unnaturally meaty hand, black strands visibly falling to the floor. She screamed loud, covering the young's whimpers, ranting on about how bad we were and she didn't want us anymore. I couldn't take that, the way she talked about me, the way she sneered when my name rolled off her tongue.

My real name was exposed.