4

Sky vanished from the scene of the fire like he did from everything. He was like the wind; soft, comforting, but rushes away quickly.

There stood my aunt next to the vehicle that blasted a siren for all to hear. I just stared at her while she snarled and complained about Xavier and I, and how we should have died instead of them. Xavier wasn't there, and I got concerned, but I knew if I talked I would get hit again.

She just kept saying that name and repeating it, knowing it haunted me like a ghost.

I wish Sky was here, he would tell her to fuck off.

I was taken from my aunt again and she screamed at the nurses but she couldn't do anything. This time they found and took Xavier with me. I'm not sure why they did but, I'm glad he's out of her hell hole now. Anything but her is good.

We walked into a pop up tent; it was a substitute hospital while we waited for the fire to be extinguished. I held Xavier's hand tightly, hoping they wouldn't separate us ever again. But they did.

Sitting on a foldable table, they checked my body for any burns or marks. Luckily I had none on me, but others weren't so lucky. Some were trapped in a CAT scanner and burned their legs. Some had tanks that were left behind and they stopped breathing.

On my body they found the scratches I left from being anxious, so they wrapped up my forearms, wrist to elbow, in a gauze-like fabric to keep me from scratching furiously at myself. I forgot I had done that earlier today. The only downside is they told my aunt about my scratches, and she stormed over to me and raised her hand to slap me, I closed my eyes but all I heard was a voice talking sternly in my direction and the breeze of fast paced people in front of me. They had arrested my aunt for child abuse.

What a relief, right?

No.

Now Xavier and I have less income and we are already broke. We have about nothing coming from my shit job since I only work weekends, and now not at all, since they fired me yesterday because I'm in the hospital.

I don't know what we are going to do...