Chapter 36-Welcome To The World Dylan Riley Payne

"You're doing fine," the nurse whispers comfortingly to me as I constantly try pushing.

"Owww," I cry with tears streaming down my face.

"You're almost done Liz," Harry whispers.

"I......I can't do this," I whine, "it hurts so badly."

"Liz, you're almost done. I swear. Just give one good push," Harry reassures me.

After seconds of feeling immense pain, I finally become happy when I hear the sound of a baby crying. A huge smile spreads across my face as I see my little baby for the first time.

"You're not done quite yet," the nurse speaks up.

"What do you mean?" I ask, completely out of breath.

"You're having twins-"

"TWINS?!?!" Harry and I yell at the same time.

"Yes. Prepare to push," the nurse instructs.

I look at Harry and he nods my head, giving me a feeling of hope that I can do this and get through it. I give a few good hard pushes and about ten minutes later I hear the sound of crying again. Through all the tears that are streaming down my face, I manage to smile. Harry looks so proud of me right now. All of this work has finally paid off. I'm the mother of twins and dating Liam Payne. Can my life get any better?

The nurse takes the babies away to get cleaned up while I remain on my hospital bed with Harry.

"You did good," Harry whispers.

Not being able to conjure any words, I decide to just smile.

About a half hour later and a nurse comes back into the room with an upset look on her face. I glance at Harry and he just looks back at me.

"I have good news and bad news," the nurse begins, "the good news, you had a beautiful baby boy and girl. The bad news, your baby girl, the one that was born second, she didn't make it."

I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand, feeling tears well up in my eyes. Harry immediately wraps his arms around me and I just cry into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," Harry whispers while I just continue crying like a little baby.

Maybe all that work hadn't paid off after all.

"Ha-r-r-r-y-y-y," I manage to say through all my tears.

"At least you still have your little boy," Harry whispers, trying to make me feel better.

"I want my baby girl........" I trail off.

"It's OK. It's nothing you did wrong."

"I know......"

"So, what are you gonna name your son?" Harry asks, trying to avert my attention away from the miscarriage.

"Dylan Riley Payne," I answer.

"Wow. That was quick. Someone's been thinking the baby names over," Harry chuckles.

"I'm in no mood to laugh," I mourn.

"Liz, it happens to everyone-"

"But I didn't think it'd happen to me-"

"It's perfectly normal-"

"Losing a baby is not normal!" I shout, feeling more tears fall from my eyes.

I can't even begin to imagine how Liam's gonna take this.......

Or maybe even Louis if he wants any part in his son's life.......

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Liz. You don't deserve this......" Harry whispers softly before placing a gentle kiss on my lips.