The Monster in The Room

Dark swirled around the teenager's feet. Sitting still, it ensnared itself around her feet. Seeing no reason to fight the girl gave up and pulled up her hand, white flag in place. The dark, haziness of the smoke was like a maelstrom for the girl. Weak hearted and vulnerable, her eyes glazed as the smoke seeped into her skin. Hazel now clouded with gray, no longer able to see the light of the day for which she once craved and thrived under. The smoke overthrew her body and sent her to the darkest crevasse of her mind. Being tormented with no one to see. Head barely above the water. Sinking, no one knows what happens in her room, no one listens... No one hears her pain, not even her friend. Pain she puts a smile over to mask herself. "There is no hiding for me," she thinks tears streaking her cheeks. For hours it can't be seen but if you look you might see, I'm not really me. My shell is over thrown by something I prefer to ignore for my fate can be no more. If you really think I'm there, you must be joking. I haven't been present except to be there. You haven't seen the monster here in the corner, sitting waiting to throw his sadistic words in my face. He may throw them at you but in the form of telling me you want to leave. You try to find out what's wrong... But I'm to scared to tell for the fact you would leave me with that monster in the room, slowly eating me. Devouring my soul, til it's not whole. The monster is sitting there laughing and grinning at me. You just don't see...