*Ch.13*

(Grace's Mother Above)

*Day and night 

I toss and turn, I keep stressing my mind, mind

I look for peace but see I don't attain 

What I need for keeps this silly game we play, play*

                                                                      -Day n Nite:Kid Cudi

Michael's Pov

(3 weeks later)

Shit has been really crazy. I've had so many flights going back and forth to Australia and then back to America. The boys have come to visit  Grace a couple times and Calum of course got to see Melissa as well. It's become a daily routine for me and Melissa to switch out and take turns watching Grace so that the other can go home for a day. 

Melissa had just gone home about an hour ago and it once again was my turn to watch Grace. I stared at her blankly not exactly knowing what to do. Usually it seemed like my thoughts consumed me and the time passed quickly, however today was not one of those days.

I scrolled through Instagram and then started scrolling through my notes on my iPhone. I have this weird thing that I like to do. Instead of using the reminder app I put things I need to do in my notes so whenever I have nothing to do I just go on my notes.

I was scrolling deeper than usual looking at my older notes when I saw something that genuinely surprised me. I gave Grace my password a day before I left and she left me a note knowing my unusual habit.

Hola mi nombre es Grace. LOlz jk. (I've been hanging out with Calum way too much) Ok so you're probably either reading this after you arrived in Australia or before or maybe on the plane but since you make me listen to you're crappy old 80's rock music whenever we are in the car together, I devised a playlist for you to listen to on the strenuous plane ride. Except the difference is the songs I chose are good. Go to your music app and the playlist is called "Plane Ride Home". Enjoy!

I smiled at her adorableness and quirkiness. This was super sweet and now I wished that I would have saw this on the plane ride or any plane ride that I took these past couple of weeks. However it was never too late so I plugged in my headphones and followed the directions she gave me. It was kind of funny how she knew that I would listen to her and listen to the playlist even though she knew that I didn't like rap music that much.

The first song started and it was really good. It kind of described how I was feeling. It was rap but chill but sorta had a rock vibe to it, I didn't even know how to describe it really. I pressed the home button to unlock my phone and see what song was playing.

"Day N Nite:Kid Cudi" I read. Who in the fuck was that? I shrugged my shoulders internally and closed my eyes letting the words slowly cloud my head.

'cause day and night

The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night

He's all alone through the day and night

The lonely loner seems to free his mind at night (at, at, at night)

Day and night

The lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night

He's all alone, some things will never change (never change)

The lonely loner seems to free his mind at night (at, at, at night)

..........................

I was in a deep sleep when a jolting pain went through my shoulder and loud yelling echoed through the room.