Chapter Eleven

The more I practiced magic with my hands the easier it has gotten. I can do all of the spells I know with my wand with my hands. But the more time I spent practicing the less time I had to think about the second task and telling Harry about it. The task date is in two days and I have no clue how I'm going to do this.

"Harry....?!," I yelled catching up with him and Ron since they both stopped
Fighting.

"Yeah Am'?," He said turning to me, I grabbed his arm and dragged him away.

"The task," I said out of breath again "We will have to go Under water to find something I'm just not sure what it is,"

"Am why do you always find out before me!!!," Harry exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air ((saying ayee oh where's my Draco?!))

"It's not my fault.. But we need to worry about what we're doing for the next task!!!" I sighed grabbing his arm and yanking him into the library.

-----------Day of the task------------

"Neville no offense but we honesty don't care," I said with a low growl as Harry and I buried ourselves farther into the book.

"If you knew of a plant that could keep us underwater-" Harry started saying

"You mean Gillyweed?," He asked as if it was obvious "Professor Sprout was just talking about it during Herbology Thursday!!!"

"Ron, Hermione," Colin said interrupting Neville running up out of breath as he clutched the stitch in his chest "Professor McGongall needs you both"

"I wonder if it's because they've both been helping us through the task," Harry said lowly as he looked back into the book flipping to a page which talked about Gillyweed.

"Ron hasn't been much of help," I said rolling my eyes as I closed all of the books I had checked out and put them back "I'm just not sure how we are going to get what we need...,"

------------Time of the task------------

"Oh bloody hell!!! Dobby you are such a life saver!!! Litterally!!," I said happily as the small house elf handed us both a patch of Gillyweed. It was more of a seaweed but thinner and more stringy.

"Dobby is more then happy to help Miss. Black and Harry Potter!!," Dobby chirped happily, and as quickly as I could I stuffed It into my mouth in chewed "Dobby heard Miss. Black and Harry potter talking about it, and Dobby thought 'Dobby should help!',"

"Thanks Dobby!!," Harry said over a large gust of wind as the judges blew the whistle. Before I could jump into the cold dark black abyss of a lake, I was shoved in.

It was cool and it actually felt nice.. My hands and feet were slimy and webbed, when I took in breath I felt oxygen flow through me like I had gills. It was dark and murky like the surface only shows the inside the lake to be, the ominous silence only made things worse as I swam down more but I began to hear singing..

"An hour long you'll have to look
And to recover what we took..."

I began to swim faster towards the song and soon I saw a large rock emerge out of the muddy water ahead. It had paintings of merpeople on it; carrying spears and chasing what looked like the giant squid. I swam on past the rock continuing to follow the mersong.

".....your time's half gone so tarry not
Lest what you seek stays here to rot.."

I rounded another rock into a group of merpeople. They had grayish skin and long, wild, dark green hair. Their eyes were yellow, as were their broken teeth. But next to the group of merpeople were two Hogwarts students, one Beauxbatons student, and a raven.. My blood boiled as I looked at Ron, Hermione, Gabrielle, and Zeusius. I Repeated the mersong in my head I made sure not to miss anything important because I never thought of this. The four looked like floating lifeless bodies which only made me angrier until I felt another person come from through the long vines of seaweed. It was Harry and Krum, Fleur hasn't gotten here yet but our time was running out...

Viktor swam forward and ripped apart the vines tying down Hermione and nodding toward me and Harry swimming up. I took in another cold deep breath and ripped apart the two vines holding Zeusius down, I gathered energy into my hand and shot it into Gabrielle's vines holding into her arm as Harry got Ron and we swam up.

Once we reached the water it was just in time as the clock struck an hour. We clambered out of the water.

"You zaved my zister!!!," A strong French accent suddenly came hurtling into my ear as she flung herself into my arms "Even when zhe wazzent your capture!!! I couldn't thank you Eenough,"

"It's not a problem Fleur, Harry helped too why don't you thank him," I said as I noticed Zeusius flying around talking to everyone, she gave me two kisses on both sides of my cheek and tackles Harry into a hug.

"Good going bran-girl. You are such a show off," Zeusius called ruffling his feathers becoming a big puff ball as he flew and landed on my shoulder "You did well though, All tens and one nine for bringing an extra even though you were last out,"

"Good job Am'," Harry said highfiving me as Hermione and Ron came running over with towels over their heads and bodies, eyes wide with excitement, as if they were ready to tell a great story.

/*

Edited and Republished April 22nd 2017