Chapter Two: Its Always Fucking Jackson

The beginning of the school day was uneventful, all I did really was take notes and daydream.
I'm already way ahead in school so I don't really need to pay attention.
During our lunch break, Kate and I were sitting outside, studying for an upcoming test in science class. I didn't really need it, but Kate has always had an issue with science. So I was going over my notes with her helping her understand better.
The first few classes of the day went by quick and painless, sadly I knew the painless part wouldn't last much longer when I noticed three boys closing in on us. I looked at the three of them and noticed that their "leader" was missing.
"Oh look! It's the wonder twins." Someone' said from behind me and Kate.
"Really Jackson? What now? Can't you just leave us alone? For once in your miserable life?" I asked in a mocking tone as I turned around to face him.
Jackson has been bulling Kate and me since grade school. Ever since he was rejected by Kate when he asked her out.

I have to admit, Jackson is attractive. With his dark brown hair and piercing green eyes. If he wasn't such an ass, I would probably still have a crush on him like I did when I was younger. Way younger.

Jackson sneered at my words before masking his face and smirking. "But your my favorite person to talk to!" He said clearly lying. His sarcastic tone causing his minions to laugh.

"Bro, I don't give a damn. Just leave us the hell alone." I growled. I paused, 'Did I just growl?' I thought to myself, momentarily distracted.

"What, are you a freak too? Not just a rude bitch?" Jackson laughed.
"Rude? I'm a rude bitch? You've got to be fucking kidding me. Your the one who won't leave us alone!" I snarled at him. My voice sounding gravelly.

Jackson just laughed as one of his friends, - Evan I believe is his name - whispered in his ear.
Jackson turned to him, "Really? I wouldn't fuck them if they were the last girls on earth but if you're into them go ahead. But if suggest trying Kathryn. She's probably easier then Katelyn here." He said chuckling.

"Oh please. You're just still upset that I didn't want to date you in the fourth grade. So just shut the hell up!" Kate said stomping her foot.

Jackson's face scrunched up in anger at her words, and when Jackson gets angry he lashes out.
Usually, he doesn't do more than trying to push us around. But lately, as the school year is coming to an end he's started to get more physical. Like last week he tried to push Kate down the stairs. Lucky she was able to grab the railing first.
I hate that he hasn't been expelled yet. But that's what happens when both of your parents are on the school board and make monthly donations.

"Make me you stupid bitch!" He said as he pushed her.
"Hey! Keep your hands off of her!" I let out loudly, stepping up to them.

When I yelled it attracted the attention of the other students, who then formed a circle around us, blocking us from the eyesight of the school.

Jackson ignored me and pushed Kate again. This time nearly making her fall.
Kate just stood there, letting him push her around. She just keeps repeating "Hey, stop. Let's just talk this out. I'm sorry. Please stop." Kate has always been a pacifist. Always saying that violence isn't an answer.

I tried to get to them, to stop him but Evan and Jackson's other minion grabbed me from behind. "Hey! Let go of me!" I shouted struggling to get loose.
"Hmm, how about not." Jackson's friend John said laughing.

As John spoke, Jackson started to hit Kate. And I don't mean slaping her or anything. I mean full on closed fists, hitting so hard I can hear the impact.

"Hey! Jackson fucking stop! Stop it right now! Pick on someone who will actually fight back! Or are you too much of a pussy?" I taunted him, trying to pull his attention away from Kate.
Jackson stopped, his fist barely an inch from Kate's face, he glanced at her lying on the ground whimpering in pain. "Fine come here!" He said moving towards me and away from Kate. I sighed in relief.

His friends let go of my arm and pushed me forward, towards Jackson.
I stood there looking at him with hatred burning in my brown eyes. I frowned when I saw it reflected in Jacksons.
"Your turn!" Jackson said chuckling as he threw his fist towards my face, but everything started to slow down and on instinct, I dodge to the left and pushed my fist towards him, it made contact at the base of his neck and he winced.
He glared at me and tried to hit me again, and again I dodged it. It was close, his arm barely missing my face.
While his arm was outstretched I grabbed it and pulled him close to me so I was able to bring my knee up into his gut.
Jackson kneeled over in pain and backed away. He didn't even pause to think before he rushed towards me again. This time when he tried to hit me he actually made contact with my face, right above my temple. The impact left a loud ringing in my ears.
"What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you enjoy picking on Kate? She hasn't done anything to you! You were twelve when she rejected you! Move on already! Why must you be a bully?" I questioned stepping closer.

"Because I can! Because she deserves it! She's lucky this is the worst I've ever done. There's a lot more that she deserves." He said chuckling as he pushed me on my chest.

His reply pissed me off more than him pushing me. And at that moment my anger got the best of me and I jumped on him, growling. The force I hit him with made him stumble to the ground. I landed on his chest and I just started hitting him. No matter how many people yelled at me to stop, I just couldn't. I was just so angry I wanted to kill him. Literally, I wanted to beat him to death, or better yet I wanted to stab him repeatedly until he bled out.

I felt a sharp sting at my fingertips and figured it was just from the impact of my fists hitting his face over and over.

Eventually, a teacher appeared and started to pull me off of Jackson. Even as I was being jerked away from him, I was using my long legs to kick the shit out of Jackson. Who lay in the ground, bloody and already bruising. I saw actual claw marks on his face which confused me. I've always had short nails. They bother me if they get too long.

"Kathryn! What the hell!? Go to the principles office! Now!" The teacher yelled as he pushed me away and ran to check on Jackson.

I didn't say anything, I turned and walked over to Kate, I helped her stand up and then I helped her to the nurse's office.