Primal Urges Chapters 11-17

Chapter 11

Kenzi/Lauren

“Home sweet home,” Kenzi says  with a hint of sadness knowing that Bo wasn't there. “You want a night cap before we head off to bed, Lauren?”

“Sure, what the hell, I need to shake away some of this tension. Make it something strong Kenzi.” Lauren shrugs off her jacket and heads toward one of the stools situated at the kitchen counter.

“This calls for vodka, a couple of shots of  Stolichnaya and you will be loose as a goose. Plus it's Russian just like me,” Kenzi say with a wink as she expertly fills up a couple of shot glass with the crystal clear liquid.

“Bottoms up Hot Pants,” The goth says, as she passes a glass to Lauren and giving it a little clink against her own, slams it down in a quick practised motion.” Lauren follows the Russians lead and swallows the liquid fast, savouring the slight burn and  warmth that disperses throughout her being.

“That certainly hit the spot. One more?” Lauren holds her glass out to be filled again, which Kenzi is quick to comply, filling her own as well.

“za vashe zdorovyé,” says Kenzi, the words sliding effortlessly from her tongue as she slams down her second shot.

Lauren chuckles at the meaning of the Russian saying before downing her own shot.

“You know Kenzi, drinking to your health is totally an oxymoron. I would love to take a look at your liver to see how healthy it is.” 

“I'm Russian doctor, Vodka is like water to us,” Kenzi states like it is a true fact. Lauren laughs at the young girl enjoying the friendly banter, before stifling a yawn.

“Time for bed me thinks Doc, are you okay with taking Bo's bed, the couch really isn't up to scratch for sleeping on.” Lauren hesitates for a fraction of a second before deciding that the good memories far out weighed the bad ones and nods in agreement standing from the stool and turning towards the stairs. 

“You can borrow a pair of Bo's sweats and a tee to sleep in if you want, I'm sure she won't mind.”

Five minutes later Lauren climbs into Bo's huge bed, inhaling the familiar intoxicating scent of the succubus, missing her embrace immensely as she buries her face into the pillow. A small hesitant knock at the door brings the blonde back to reality as she says, “Come in.”

“Are ya decent, no lady parts on display?” Kenzi asks through the door. 

“Come in Kenzi,” Lauren says unable to contain a small snort of laughter and a roll of her eyes. The goth girl opens the door a little and pokes her head in, with an uncertain smile playing across her lips.

“Can I stay in here with you Doc, I don't really want to be alone right now.”

“Sure, the bed's plenty big enough, I don't really want to be alone either to be honest,” Lauren says with a reassuring smile.