Chapter 2: Viking for Hire

'Everybody needs a place in the world. Some people are born to theirs. Some people discover theirs. And some people make a place for themselves. But then the world around them changes and the place they made is gone."

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thea's POV.

"Every dragon has its own unique abilities that give it its place in the world," Hiccup explained. We were in the arena today, like we were most of the time now, since Dad had given us the place. And like most days we were training, trying to learn as much as we could about our dragons. Right now though Hiccup and I were quizzing the other dragon riders on dragons. 

"For example, which dragon makes the best wielding torch?" I asked, glancing over at Hiccups book to see the question. 

"OH!," Astrid screamed out leaning over the barrel that was in front of her, serving as some sorta of table," Deadly Nadder!"

"It's Magnesium flame burns with the heat of the sun," Fishlegs finished, just as excited about that fact as Astrid. 

"Correct! Point to team Astrid," Hiccup said to me as I place another line down on the chalk board.

"Scored is now 100 to 10," I informed them as I turned back around. Astrid and Fishlegs shared a fist pump after hearing their victory. 

"And you started with 10," Astrid pointed out, pointing at the twins and Snotlout. Those three were on the same team, the odds were obviously not in their favor. 

"Oh yeah," Toughnut point to Astrid," well the game's not over... wait... what team am I on?"

"Next question. What is the shot limit of the Hideous Zippleback. Team Snotlout?" Hiccup asked. I turned to look at the team in expectation. If there was any question they could get right it would be this one. 

"I don't think they can count that high," I heard Astrid say to Fishlegs. Unfortunately I agreed with her. 

"Oh really," Roughnut said, obviously hearing the comment Astrid tried so hard to cover,"lets find out. Barf! Bletch!"

Bart and Bletch lifted their heads from their resting position and began to fire at the wall behind Astrid and Fishlegs. 6 times to be exact. 

"Heh, looks like it's about 3," Toughnut said, holding up 3 fingers. 

"Told you we could count that high!" Roughnut said, slamming her hand down on the table. I sighed, this was honestly the only question they could have gotten right. 

"And we had so much faith in you," I commented while playing with the chalk in my hand. 

"It's 6, you're half right," Hiccup sigh," 5 points."

I turned around and marked it down. 15 points now. 

"Yes we're up to 30!" Roughnut exclaimed, high-fiving Toughnut and Snotlout. 

"At least they can do multiples of 15," I mumbled to Hiccup. He sighed at them, but smiled slightly at my comment. 

"Alright, it's our turn," Astrid said," what happens when you shoot fire at the owner of a Deadly Nadder?" She whistled and immediately StormFly shot up, shooting her spikes at the three of them. 

"Graceful," I commented to no one in particular.

"No fair! She didn't give us time to answer!" Toughnut yelled while he hung on the spikes that were attached to the wall. Snotlout pushed him self off, obviously ready to challenge her.