Chapter 2

Ben
I broke through the roof door, and the wind opened its arms, throwing blasts at my chest, but I didn't care, "Jamie please," I was panicking. "Don't move!" Jamie looked at me with tears in her eyes. She was shaking, badly. I took one step closer, and she did the same. Then blood was all over the place.

I woke up sweating; it was 2 in the morning. And Jamie had visited me once more tonight. I decided that I needed some air, so I grabbed my leather jacket and left the apartment. As soon as I was down, a small familiar figure caught my eyes. I was sure I knew the girl sitting on the bench. I did. The Creeper next door. I found my way through the bushes and sat right beside her. I felt her eyes widen a little — too much. "Hey, I'm Ben," she was hyperventilating and it was kind of cute. "Hey," she finally said with such a shaken voice. "I'm Leila" Leila, nothing close to Jamie, I thought. "Why up so late?" I tried to open a conversation. "Thinking, and you?" It started to rain again then, "Kind of the same thing." I told her, and it was true, I was thinking about Jamie, about the reoccurring dream, that maybe I'm going crazy.

We were silent for so long, and it wasn't the kind of awkward silence, it was the kind of comforting silence, the silence which promised warmth rather than coldness. I finally broke it. "You and your room look pretty cool each morning," I said teasing her, but Creeper stood up, and stared widely at me, then her eyes started to water. She was going to cry. Leila started running, and the rain was heavy enough to camouflage her tears. I am such an idiot.

I went running after her, calling her name out, but she didn't stop. One second she was running as fast as the howling wind, the other, she was on the floor. She had hit a pole she wasn't aware of because 1. The night was monstrous black, and 2.She wasn't taking care because I was chasing after her. When I reached Creeper, she was out of it. Oh my life.
*******
Leila
I hadn't talked to any guy since Daniel, and here, the day I do so, I'm humiliated by a stranger I like, and I'm at the ER getting a head stitch and an arm cast. "You'll get better soon, just don't ware yourself out." Was the last thing the nurse with bleached blond hair told me before I left the hospital with the mighty Ben, who had as well paid off my hospital bill. I thought things would get extremely awkward from now on, but the ride home wasn't what I'd expected.

Ben and I talked, we shared our likes and dislikes, and he told me how his favorite season was winter, which was the same for me. He hated seafood because "it's just like you're eating sloppy rot" which made me laugh. We kept talking for so long, that I wished this ride would never end. It was almost dawn when he was parking the car; I wanted to sleep so badly, judging his very puffy eyes, I could see it was the same for him. He'd just turned off the car when we were talking about our favorite quote. And the moment he said his, tears couldn't help but escape the prisons of my eyes, and run away searching for freedom across my cheeks. "LOVE COMFORTETH LIKE SUNSHINE AFTER RAIN." William Shakespeare, oh lord, this was our quote. This was Daniel and I. And I've memorized almost the entire poem, because it was Daniel's favorite. Venus and Adonis. I was goddess Venus and he was the human Adonis.

"W-What's wrong?" Ben asked, and suddenly I just too tired to answer, too tired to make any effort. My eyes automatically closed, and my dreams welcomed me. I know it wasn't the right time, but shit happens. And this would be just minimal shit. I'm sure Ben could handle it. Well, I hope so.