Buddy

Robert got seriously more annoyed with Skylar as the day went on. She barely said a word and avoided eye contact with him the whole time. Ugh, Robert couldn't stand this, he was the charmer, the one that makes girls laugh and blush! This has never happened to him before, she was the only girl that has ever ignored him. Even Robert's best pickup lines didn't work, the only reaction they got was Skylar rolling her eyes and carrying on with ignoring him. Although Skylar seriously did not want to spend time with him, she had no other choice. Mr.Ford had assigned Robert to be Skylar's "buddy" for her first week at Cromwell High. A "buddy's" job was quite easy, all they had to do was introduce a new student to the school. They would help them settle into their classes, show them their way around the school and hallways, explain the school rules and so on. Robert found it quite hard considering the girl didnt speak. They both skipped first period to help Skylar find her locker and deal with her timetable.

Strangely enough, Skylar spoke up with a question.

"Umm, what do I have next period?"

The way the girl spoke, Robert thought and forgot himself in the sweet melody of her voice.

Robert coughed, "Uhh, could you please repeat that?"

"What class do I have second period today?" Skylar asked uneasily.

"Oh, um I'll show you."

Robert then came up to her from behind, so that she could feel his minty breath on her neck, and pointed his finger to the timetable.

"So, see these are your Monday classes, and here is the uhh, time and period column. Today is Thursday, so this column here is where you want to look at and see here, it says your next lesson is Geography with Mr. Gardner"

Skylar's head was spinning and she had butterflies eating our her stomach, Robert was only inches from her face and she had the sudden urge to place her lips on his. 'Stop it, stop it, stop it! Remember what he did to you.' Skylar kept telling herself to return back to reality. She turned to face him and looked him in his eyes, now darker than before but she couldn't quite figure out what they read, lust perhaps, or curiosity?

"Well, um okay. Thanks."

Robert tried his luck and tried

to make her laugh.

"No problem girlfriendddd. Robert 101 giving advice, swag, mouth to mouth, and more" he said wiggling his eyebrows and giving her a wink. Skylar let a little giggle slip but contained herself and went back to being serious.

"Well I guess we should go to um, Geography."

"Yeah, let's go."

Skylar decided to sit with some girl whose name was Ellie and Robert sat a row behind her, next to his best friend Trevor.

"Hi Trev, waddup?"

"Yo dude where were you first period? It was sooo boring without you." he said whilst scratching his blond hair and messing it up at the same time.

"Well, yeah I actually have to tell you something."

"Cool bro, Shoot I'll listen."

"Hmm, um there's this girl.."

"Keep talking" Trevor said with a smirk.

" Yeah, see that short haired blond there?" Robert said pointing her direction. Trevor nodded. "So Mr.Ford assigned me to be her buddy, you know, help her around. She is so, well... cute . I don't know man, she looked so lost so I happily agreed on being her buddy." Robert scratched his head whilst in deep thought, then turned to his friend.

Trevor now had a huge grin on his face. "Bro, you dig her, don't you?" he said with a chuckle.

"No, I feel something, you know. But definitely not that yet." Robert defended himself.

"Has she showed any interest?"

Robert shuffled uneasily in his chair.

"No, see this is the strange thing. She is really quiet and I don't know why but when she saw me she-"

"Mr. Downey, Mr. Kay, do you have anything to share with the class?" Robert was cut off by Mr.Gardner.

The whole class was staring at them but Robert just answered, " No, sorry Mr.Gardner."

"I would appreciate it if you two listened more in class. Anyways, like I was saying..." And he continued explaining the importance of glaciers with his monotone voice. The conversation was clearly over so they both decided to pretend they're focusing on the lesson.

----------------------------------------

Hiya guys! Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT if you liked it, tell me what you think and what i should improve. I really appreaciate constructive critisism and feedback. Thanks xxx New chapter soon (: