SAVING LIVES

My alarm rang at 6:30, waking me up from a deep sleep. I ran to the bathroom and came out 20 mins later, ready. I grabbed my back pack and ran downstairs. I sat at the table with my mom and dad and ate my breakfast quietly. We hadnt talked much after the incident. Dad still thinks it was all my fault, but my mom didnt think so. I got up from the table and hurried out onto the street and walked to school. My legs began to hurt and beads of sweat began to form on my forhead. These were the times when i missed flying.

I walked and walked untill i reached a street were a huge bank stood. All of a sudden the alarm went off and the door of the bank shut close with a bang. I couldnt stop myself from helping. So i flew up on the roof and checked to see if the coast was clear. No one for miles. I took off my glasses and flew in to help through the vent. I stood in a corner and out of sight. I saw two men in black masks threatening a lady with a gun. I was looking around when a scream came my way.

" you! Who are you?" the man questioned me. I didnt find it necessary to answer. I just flew right at him and knocked him down, unconscious. The other man came at me but before he could harm me, i pinned him down on the ground and took the bag of money out of his hands and gave it back to the lady on the counter. Everyone stood astonished and in awe. I heard police sirens outside, i quickly flew out of there and when i returned on the streets, i realised that i was late to school. I put on my glasses and ran to school.

The grounds of the school lay empty. I bit my lip and crossed my fingers and hoped nobody noticed me. I walked to the administration office to get my schedule. I knocked to find a huge and slightly stout woman appear at the doorway. " what do you want" she bellowed. " im new here and i would like the schedule please" i asked politely. " come in" she croaked. I sat down on the nearest seat and waited. She came back a while later with my schedule. I walked out of the class akwardly and headed for my science class.

I opened the door to find everyone staring at me. A group of girls gossiped on the corner, some other girls chuckled and a group of nerds popped their eyeballs at me. I sat at an empty seat and noticed a girl staring at me. Though everyone else was staring, her staring was just kind of different. I avoided everyones looks. " miss kaara johnson, welcome to science class". I gave a little smile at the short man. " since we are doing experiments today, all of you need to have a partner to work with" the teacher went on pairing people and at last it was my turn. " miss kaara, you can be partners with miss amy" as the teacher pointed, i was curious to see who my partner would be. And to my shock, the girl who gave me weird stares was my partner.