FIRST DAY

I sat down next to amy and i could swear i saw her move her seat further away from me. She gave me an uneasy smile and looked into her empty book and pretended to focus on something. Either she was shy or hated me but didnt want to be rude. The bell rang freeing everyone from class. All the students rushed out and headed for their other classes.

My next class was history. I walked to my classroom and took my seat. In the middle of the class, someone passed me a note which said " i know what you are kaara watch your back or else..." there was no name indicated. Panic hit me. Who had figured out my secret? And what were they planning on doing?

The whole day passed on with me wondering about who sent me the note. " trrrring" saved by the bell. I ran out of the room and outside the school. I didnt want any unexpected surprises, so i ran back home as fast as i could. I turned the doornob and ran to my room, shutting the house door behind me. I slammed my bag on the floor, and shut my door close. I think my parents had realised by now that i was back from school.

I started thinking about what to do about the secret person who knows about my reality. I couldnt tell my parents, they would literally disown me now. I didnt have anyone else to tell. I decided to be careful around people. I lay on my bed, thinking, when a knock on my door alarmed me. " hey kaara" my mum said cheerfully. " umm..hey" i said awkwardly. We hadnt talked much after the incident. " kaara, i want you to know, that now that we have moved, its time for all of us to put the past behind us" she explained. " your dad and i, have chosen to forget about the incident and we think you should too, but you will have to hide your powers and be more careful this time. Now come out of your room and go outside a little, it will be more easier if you get to know someone". She continued. I felt a pang of guilt since i couldnt tell my mum about the secret person. " ok mum". And with that i left my room and went outside of the house.

I heard about some park in the neighbourhood, so i decided to visit it. My mum was right, i had to move on, but the secret person wasnt making it too easy for me. All that made me wonder was that, how did this person know about my powers.