CHAPTER 3

"Please teach him self-control" the old man bowed down to the ground as if praying for the Gods. The school girl could only remain in one spot. She wanted to step away but she didn't. She was pondering as he kept begging.
"I'll talk to that school so you can study there. It will widen your horizon" he said as he continued to kiss the floor.
"Pops! What are you doing?" The young man was disturbed to his grandfather circumstance. He stared at him as if he was in a very bad dream.
He tried to pull him up. "Pops stop it. What can she do? She is a girl" he blurted it out. This irritated the young girl. She stood that caught their attention. She chuckled lightly. "Indeed Mr. Principal. I'm such a frail girl. I couldn't possibly help this idiot for his betterment" she glared at him. "What did you say?!" He was about to attack her but his grandfather stopped him.
"I don't want help from such plain useless girl" he walked out. It was followed by a slam at the door. His grandfather sighed deeply. He sat down as if pondering what he should do. The girl gave him a sweet scented tea. "To calm your nerves" she stepped aside. "Your grandson is an idiot even though he had a high IQ than me" she stood by the window. She saw him kicked the tree.
"You know that school knew me. I am certain they didn't want to associate with me. Though it had been three years ago" she said

"You don't want to try? Your hardwork will be on the drain if you cant graduate in a good school in college"

"I know. I lost hope in going into that school. I am applying a bigger school though I am not sure I can pass the exam..."
"That's why I cant waste my time teaching him. I enrolled myself to a cram school just in case" she smiled at the principal.

He sighed deeply.

A week after.
Exactly Friday afternoon, people walked around in a fast track. Who wouldn't?
Its Friday. It quite known to be the time all things go wild. But there was a part of the city where the students came in to study. One of them was Tissana. She was memorizing as she walked in to the building. Without noticed, someone flew toward her. Both on the ground. She couldn't comprehend what was happening. Pain radiated all around her body. It felt like she was hit by a truck. Before she could see where this guy came from, she heard someone say, "You talk big. You can't even stand after that punch". She tried to push the unconscious guy off her but she couldn't. Her ankle was aching sharply that she couldn't support it. "Does he not plan on helping me? Such asshole" she mumbled as she struggled. Along the struggle, she was able to face him.

His eyes were on to her. But it showed nothing any consideration of helping her. She managed to push the guy away from her and tried to stand up. Yet, she fell into the ground baring to hands on.

"Weak" the grandson said. The word echoed inside her head. She was angry. She felt humiliated. He might be talking about the guy. But the words stabbed her bad. Her blood boiled but on the same time she tried to cool it down.

"Your in the way" someone said. The girl froze. She couldn't pull herself up. She didn't want to. The grandson yelped to the ground. This made her look up. A man, the same age of her, stood proud and strong. He held out his hand to her. She hesitated to grab it. But he didn't take it as her answer. He pulled her up and together they walked away. Her world stopped as he was holding her.

"Hey!" the grandson tried to stop them. But he was hold-up by a hand. "Slow down there" someone said. He was about to punch the guy but he paused. He saw a police man stood beside him. He was surveying the scene. "Can you explain what happen here?" he said.