2. "If You'll Be Needing Two Rooms"

John knocked on the door. It was almost midnight, and he knew Sherlock and Mrs Hudson were most likely asleep, but he needed to see Sherlock so badly, he couldn't wait any longer.
"SHERLOCK!" he yelled through the letter box. Finally, Sherlock answered the door, and John ran to him and hugged him so tightly he was in danger of killing the world's only consulting detective. Sherlock hesitated a second before hugging him back. John looked up at Sherlock, and then went up on tiptoes and kissed him gently. Sherlock looked stunned.
"John?" he asked, confused.
"Sorry," John whispered, letting go of Sherlock and stepping back. Sherlock put his hand under John's chin and tilted his head up.
"John," he said quietly. "How long have you loved me?" John blinked, slightly thrown off.
"Ever since the start," he said truthfully.
"But all those girls- Mary..." Sherlock said, sounding unnaturally confused.
"I didn't think you liked me... Like that," John replied. Sherlock chuckled.
"Of course I like you 'like that'. I've always liked you. But I thought you didn't like me." John stared at him in disbelief.
"God, we're stupid," Sherlock laughed, before kissing John.

That morning, before Mary woke up, John left 221B and went back to his home with Mary. He didn't sleep- he wasn't sure how he was going to tell her he was leaving her and their daughter.
In the end, he didn't have to.
Mary woke up the next morning and looked at him. She just stared at him for a minute or two.
"How's Sherlock?" she asked.
"I- I don't know what you mean," John lied. How could she know?
"You were gone when I woke up last night. I called Mycroft, but he was busy with Lestrade.
"Any way," she continued. "I went to Baker Street to see if Sherlock had an idea. He'd left a note on the front door. 'Mary- I think you know where John is. I think you know where he's always been. My heart - SH'. I was pissed, at first, and then I thought about it. Everything pointed to the fact that you two loved each other. I won't stand in the way of that. But John?"
"Yes?" John replied, completely stunned.
"I think we can still be friends," she smiled.
"So I do," John said.
"So, I have some conditions. One- I get to keep this house. You can have 221B with Sherlock. Two- I get to look after our little girl most of the time, but on weekends or whenever she wants she can go and visit you and Sherlock. As long as Sherlock does not show her the drugs or human body parts. Finally- I am allowed to move on too. I've got a- friend- who has loved me for a long time. In fact, she's your friend, and Sherlock's friend too. I would like her to be loved back now."
"Of course, I- wait, she? her?" John asked, eyes wide.
"You're moving on with Sherlock. I don't think you can judge me," Mary said, eyebrows raised.
"I'm not judging you, but- who?" John asked curiously. A girl who was both Mary's friend, his friend, and Sherlock's friend?
"You'll see," Mary said with a giggle. "Now get dressed and go and find Sherlock."

John dressed quickly, and then left, taking a taxi to 221B. The whole way he was afraid of what Sherlock would say. Did he actually love John, or was he just saying that, knowing John wasn't brave enough to leave Mary?
He knocked nervously on the door. Mrs Hudson moved in.
"John!" she said with delight. "I heard you last night, you know. I'm so proud of you two. Now I've prepared the other room, if you'll be needing two rooms, that is." She smiled fondly, and John grinned too. Maybe this time, they wouldn't need two rooms.
Mrs Hudson continued, "Sherlock's in the living room, in his mind palace." John's face went white, and he pushed past Mrs Hudson to get to Sherlock. Mind palace, in John's mind, was now the same as Overdose.
He raced into the living room and saw Sherlock lying on the sofa, eyes closed.
"Sherlock?" he gasped, running over to him and shaking him. He didn't move.
"Sherlock, wake up, please wake up!" John sobbed. Still, Sherlock didn't move, or wake up.
"Sherlock, please... I love you."

-------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for this. I hope everyone is enjoying my story/ dying of johnlock feels.
Who do you think that Mary is going to go out with? Any ideas, comment!
Did you see the little Mystrade ship in this chapter? There will be a lot more Mystrade in this book, I promise.
Read, comment, vote! I love you all.
- johnlockwatson