A c t - O n e

"We should run, you and me."

"Where will we go?"

"Over those mountains, across the plains, anywhere, but we must run. And soon."

"Why? Is it because you fear what happened to Autumn?"

"Yes and no. Yes, I fear losing my mind and succumbing to insanity. I don't want to jump like he did. No, I fear not of death for death describes me the best."

"We have only met yesterday, yet you are asking me to entrust my life to you and run away. Do you understand the risks of what you are asking me to do?"

"Yes, I understand them fully well or else I won't be asking you of this. Please, run with me."

"Give me a reason why."

"What other choice do you have left? Are you willing to stay forever in this village and die the Sickness before you see the world? Plus, they are hunting for those who are Sick before they infect the others."

"..."

"And what do you know about what they do with the sick? Maybe they cure them, not kill them."

"Summer, don't be ignorant. You saw what happened to those who were caught. None of them ever came back. It only means that they all died."

"..."

"So, will you run with me?"

"Alright, but it's not because I trust you. I just want to know what the sea looks like."