Chapter 26

This little chapter is dedicated to the wonderful, the beautiful, soccercat_24 . She is honestly the sweetest person I know and one of my best friends.

Go follow her! Her books are amazing, just like she is <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lizzie's world was a whirlwind of pain and misery. She wanted to die; she was nowhere near Violet, the only person who could help her.

She couldn't see anything. It was totally silent, and Lizzie hated it. It forced her to stay in her thoughts, and her mind was a dangerous place. Slowly, Lizzie's eyes adjusted, and she could see around her.

Her cell was small, with a single bucket in the corner. She laid on what appeared to be a bed, but it felt as hard as the floor. The only light came from, well, nowhere. Lizzie curled up in a ball on her bed thing, rubbing her cold, bloodstained hands together. She was freezing, but there wasn't much she could do about it.

An hour or so later, a single flap opened and a tray of food was pushed in. Lizzie grabbed it and hungrily shoved the food in her mouth. She hadn't eaten since Emory, and she had no idea how long ago that was. As she ate, she began to feel lightheaded. She felt her consciousness slipping away, and everything went black.

***

Violet felt another presence with her mind. Lizzie? Yes. It was Lizzie. But when Violet tried to make contact, she felt the same burning feeling she got when she was poisoned. A feeling of dread settled in Violet's stomach. Lizzie had been captured.

Violet paced her cell, thinking. How long had she been in there? Was Lizzie still mad? What was Jade doing? Her mind raced, and she couldn't keep still. Finally, she gave up on trying to sort her thoughts out and turned when light suddenly flooded her cell.

Her daily supply of food was being pushed in. Violet didn't touch it; she knew what it did to her. She would save it for later when she couldn't stand the silence.

Then, the door opened.