[00] Prologue

I wipe the sweat trickling down my forehead. My body threaten to break in half if I keep pushing it's limit. I crouch down and let my rapier slip through my hand while I suffer from my heavy breathing. I can feel my shirt getting wet from soaking my sweat and my auburn hair must be in a mess instead of a neat ponytail it used to be. The morning sun isn't helping either.

"It's been 3 hours straight since you start your training. Take a rest" My green tired eyes turns to Leo's presence under a tree nearby. Sitting with a book on hand, his eyes never left his page but knowing him, he will always glance from time to time.

Leo was my childhood friend and also partner in crime. We used to do everything together, even my own father doesn't know how to separate us. Like theirs a glue between us. But as we grew up, we lessen our time together for our own work. I got training, school and parties to attend while he has missions to other far away Famiglias. But we will always find a time to chat, even if it only last a minute. 

Days like this are rarely given to us. Where the male have given the day off and stalk me for the rest of the day.   

I notice how he isn't wearing his usual uniform but a white button up shirt with sleeves folded up till his elbow, the first button unbuttoned and black pants pair with as equally as dark dress shoes. If his normal golden blonde is always messy, then his current style was even messier. Like a morning hair that you don't bother to brush. I once advised him about his current appearance but he brush it off while pointing out that it's his 'Lazy day'.

"No mission today?"

His ocean blue eyes finally looked at mine. A small smile appeared.

"Not today. Your father gave me a day off, Signora" He emphasizes the last part, amusement dripping from his voice with that smirk that makes me want to punch his face every time. I hated the word Signora  when people around addresses me. Made me feel like one of those snobby daughters of a rich man who only knows how to bat their lashes and shops for a day. 

And Leo knows how to push my buttons.

His warm laughter fills the empty forest when I let out a scoff, my eyes glaring daggers at him with an annoyed frown form on my pink lips. Getting up, rapier on hand, I walk towards him. My facial expression more irritating than before and ready to claw him with my sword. He senses my Aura glowing deadly and attempt to calm me down before he becomes mince meat.

The smile on his face doesn't convince me to stop cutting his body in half.

But the sound of explosion did.

My heartbeat immediately pounded my chest and my eyes close as tightly as I can. My body begin to weaken but Leo pulled my body close to his as warm pairs of palms presses down my ears,  blocking the sound of explosion reaching me. When the explosion stops, I finally look at Leo. My frighten green eyes met his worried blue ones. We were  doing the same thing.

"Ten"

We heard ten bombs.

My heartbeat increases its pacing but immediately  stop when my eyes fell onto the Castle of Reloga, the main Mansion we Agnellis live and where my Father, mother, little brother and other staffs are currently were.

And where the sound of bombs was coming from.

***

I looked at him, my forest green eyes filled with confusion and hurt. Hot tears streaming down my cheeks mix  with the cold rain. Knees on the ground, rapier ungrip and the familiar male pointing a gun at my forehead. His snow like white long hair in a ponytail now wet from the rain as well as his clothes. But those shimmery gray eyes that once hold life and happiness was now staring back at me dead and cold.