48

"You could've called us that you were out on a date!"

Ringo flushed. "It wasn't a date!"

Rory frowned, eyebrows knitted. "You got me and mum worried, you know. Next time, call or text before you go on with a date with mister Cheekbones over there."

"It wasn't a date!"

Rory scoffed. "Then why the hell are you still wearing his coat?"

He blushed red. "Oh shit I forgot to return it..." Ringo quickly shrugged it off. "Shit, Rory help me dry it!"

"I had a great time, George!" Rory imitated while making kissy faces.

He shot him a glare. "Sod off, Rory!"

"W-Who's George?" Elsie Starkey called out from across the hall.

Rory smirked. "Ringo's boyfriend!"

Ringo shot Rory another glare before going off to her bedroom.

She was lying in her bed, almost as pale as George was. But she still managed a smile.

Ringo sat beside her. "Mum---"

"Don't even deny it, Ringsy." She said with a smile, her pale, blue eyes still bright as ever. "I approve, love."

He took a hold of her hand and placed it against his cheek. Cold against warm.

"Sorry if I got you worried, mum." He mumbled apologetically, eyes casted down. "Your heart---"

She chuckled weakly. "I'm alright, my dear. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." She yawned, eyes slowly closing. She looked so peaceful. "Don't let me keep you from him..."

He bent forward and kissed her forhead.

"Good night, mum."