Chapter 3- Celebration.

" Jennifer!?"

" Oh my god. Kat!"

We ran towards each other and embraced one- another. I had forgiven her long ago for staying in Aphiem- I never hated her for not coming with me. But why has she shown up now?

I chuckled. " Now this calls for a celebration!" Daniel and Evie cheered.

" OK, so this will be the plan- I'll stay, back here with Jennifer and take her through things, Daniel, pick someone to go with you; you will go down to Whitebridge, taking the safest, but quickest route possible. When you get there you will get meats and bread by trading/buying down at the market. Then the rest you will go to Sanchester- you know what you need. Understood?" They all nodded " OK. Get ready; you leave in 10 minutes. "

25 minutes later I sat down by Jennifer.

" It's been so long! It's really great to see you." I started.

" I know! I've missed you so much..." She looked down, " Look I feel awful about staying-"

" Jenni, look at me. It's fine- promise me." I started, giving her an apologetic look." I've hated not being able to see you for the past year and I've missed you so much, but I will never hate you for staying there.. Anyway I need to talk about the bad side of things.. First off: do you realise what your getting yourself into?" I questioned, having small flash-backs from my past with every word I spoke." You could die. Not trying to ruin the mood here but this is dangerous- deadly dangerous. And yeah, the others are here, but you would really risk your life for me?"

I was confused. When I left Aphiem her and Aria were like glue- they were so close they hardly left each others side. So what had changed her mind and why would she leave Aphiem to find me? I mean the kingdom was huge, and my location was definitely un-known.

" I don't know what I'm getting myself into. You're probably right. But I finally realised you were right, about Aria, and how awful she was. I want to at least try and make it up to you Kat. If i die... at least it was for a good reason- I need to help you with this situation. If it's your battle, then it's my battle as well.

I gave her a apologetic look, after all it had been so long since I had last seen her, but I had never forgotten how much of an amazing person she was. She always made things easier. I was so glad she had found us- to be honest I thought that I would never see her again; and if I did, it would be for the wrong reasons...

When we had finished that conversation and went on to discussing the events of the past year. Everything I had done in Aston Forest, the events that had taken place around the kingdom and a talk about Aria. The last bit didn't turn out too well.

" She was so nice to me though, Kat." Jennifer started. " And it wasn't my fault that-"

" Ughhhh," I interrupted, groaning at the sound of her name. " She's so self-centered, arrogant and such a drama queen. Oh yeah, and lets not forget that she literally tried to steal my boyfriend. " I moaned again. " Oh, hello, I'm Aria and I'm sooo beautiful so I will pointlessly flirt with my step-sisters boyfriend. " I said mimicking her posh accent and putting on a sweet smile as I did so.

" Ohh you sound just like her!" Jenni chuckled, which then developed to a pool of laughter.

After a couple hours of conversation we got to work, preparing ourselves for the evening ahead. we stated by collecting firewood , and then moved on to the general jobs around The Clearing; boiling water, to wash clothes.

And while we were working Lucas came back. It might have seemed normal. But it wasn't- he normally wouldn't be back until the evening, as Sanchester was the furthest away from The Clearing.