Ch.26 Courtly's attack

The sun started to set as everyone continued walking. But when Lizzie looked ahead, she saw what appeared to be the Queen of Hearts castle.

"My castle" she gasped.

"And that's where your mother is" Bunny put in.

Lizzie started to remember her mother, even though she was kinda loud and bossy, Lizzie still loved her.

"Hey you should ask your mother if we can stay at the castle tonight" Kitty suggested.

"Yeah" everyone agreed.

"Well all right" Lizzie said "Come on".

But as they headed to the castle, they didn't notice Courtly watching them from behind. She gave a sneaky smile as she headed towards the castle in another direction. Everyone made it to the gate that was guarded by 2 guards. When they saw the Wonderlandians, their eyes widen.

"Could it be?" one of them asked the other.

"Guards" Lizzie said "We need to see my mother".

"Yes your highness" the guards said as they opened the gates and everyone went in.

"She's in the croquet yard" one of the guards said.

"Thank you" Lizzie said as they went to the croquet yard.

And there in the croquet yard, was the Queen of Hearts playing croquet with her subjects watching. But when they saw the Wonderlandians, they gasped. The queen turned around to where everyone was looking and saw them as her eyes widen.

"Elizabeth?" she gasped.

"Mother?" Lizzie gasped with a smile.

The queen couldn't believe it, her daughter was back. Lizzie ran up to her and into a big hug.

"I thought you were gone forever" the queen said surprised.

"We found a way back" Lizzie said.

The queen then looked at the Wonderlandians who smiled at her.

"It's good to have you all back" she smiled as she turned to Lizzie "And I missed you so much".

"I missed you too" Lizzie smiled as they hugged again.

"But mother" she said as they stopped hugging "We need your help".

"Yes yes anything" the queen offered.

"We were wondering if we can all stay here tonight" Lizzie said as she explained about Courtly being after Alistair and about his mother.

"Courtly?" the queen gasped "Oh I'll make sure that joker doesn't hurt you kids".

She then  sent out some guards to look for Courtly.

"And of course I'll let you all stay here" she added "Please come in".

Now inside the castle, Alistair went into one of the guest rooms and sat on the bed as he admired the room. Just then a knock was heard at the door as Lizzie came in.

"Hey" she smiled.

"Hey" he smiled back.

"So are you liking this room so far?"

"Yeah it's nice".

"Great" she smiled "Well I was just making sure you were comfortable, and if you need anything just ask".

"I will".

She gave another smile as she closed the door. Now outside the hall, Lizzie turned around and was surprised to see Chase standing there.

"So are you ever gonna tell him?" he asked.

"Chase" she sighed "I'm just not ready".

"Well you have to tell him soon".

"I don't know" she sighed "I'll think about it".

In his room, Alistair got up and went to the window and looked out onto Wonderland. But he didn't notice that behind him, the closet suddenly opened and Courtly stepped out.

"Well" she said which startled him as he turned around and saw her "I've been trying to find you since you fell down the other hole, and now here you are".

"Courtly" Alistair frowned.

"Did you miss me?" she grinned.

"You tricked me" he scowled "You said you were gonna take me to my mother, but instead you were gonna bring me to this guy who wants to kill me!"

"Oh you know about that? Huh".

"You don't really know where my mother is do you?" he asked with a stern look.

"Of course I don't, I don't even know if she's even alive or not. But I do know this, if I don't bring you to the Jabberwock he'll kill me and I wont get my wish" she scowled.

"The Jabberwock?!" he gasped.

"Yes, he's back and in human form".

"How is he in human form? He doesn't have the power to do so".

"Well he does now, and if he doesn't kill you, he'll kill me!"

At that point the door swung open and everyone came in.

"Courtly?!" they all gasped.

"Well would you lookie here" Courtly grinned "It's a Wonderland reunion".

"Courtly" Lizzie scowled "Get away from Alistair".

"Well if it isn't Ms Lizzie Hearts" Courtly said with a sneaky look "You're still your little stuck up self".

"Well at least I'm not a Wanted criminal" Lizzie put in.

"Oh shut up" Courtly said with a stern look.

"I wont shut up" Lizzie snapped "Now get out of here before I send the guards on you".

"Oh I'm not afraid" Courtly said as she put her hand behind her back and reached into a pocket "Nothing can stop the joker".

Alistair watched as she pulled out a playing card, but he noticed that it wasn't an ordinary playing, it was a balded one.

"Guys look out!" he yelled as he quickly grabbed Courtly's arm before she could throw the card at them.

Alistair tried to pin her but she used her elbow to jab him in the stomach and broke free. At that point Kitty threw herself onto Courtly knocking her down and started to pull on her hair. But Courtly then started to pull Kitty's hair as she yelled in pain and tried to push her off. But as Courtly pushed Kitty off, Kitty quickly grabbed the chain that held Courtly's collar together and pulled it off as Courtly got up. But when Courtly turned to the others, they all gasped at the scar that ran across her neck.

"You like my scar?!" she asked with a mad look "Cause I certainly don't!"

Everyone was paralyzed with shock as they looked at her scar. But then Kitty got up and grabbed Courtly's shoulders and threw her into the wall. At that point Courtly pulled out another bladed card and threw it at Kitty who ducked as the card flew over her head and pierced the wall. Courtly tried to attack Kitty but Lizzie quickly picked up a croquet mallet and whacked it in Courtly's stomach. Lizzie then kicked her in the stomach causing her to crash through the window and she fell to the ground.