Chapter Eighteen

New couple news—we know who Raine Kingston's dating!

If you caught Awake in the City last Tuesday night, then you probably saw host Jackson Finch showing no mercy to After it All actor Raine Kingston while trying to find out about the new woman in his life. The Raine King stayed mum, though, delighting in tormenting his longtime friend. Well, Jackson, we're sorry to tell you we've got the story first, and it's the best Hollywood pairing we could hope for. Raine Kingston has fallen head over heels for Zeeked writer Emily Watts, and we here at Wally Hood Goes Hollywood couldn't be happier for them.

We sat down with Raine and Emily for an interview yesterday. The two lovebirds were clearly smitten with one another as they filled in some of the blanks, like where they met, and if it was love at first sight. They told us they first spotted one another in their Kundalini yoga class when Emily seemed greatly entertained by the attention some of their classmates were giving Raine.

"She wasn't one of the people who came up to talk to me every morning," Raine said. "I could tell she was laughing at me. Of course I had to find out who she was."

The Em-Girl insisted she was never laughing at him, just that the circus-type scene in their yoga class was funny to watch. She hadn't expected Raine to stop her after class for coffee, or to ask her out for dinner, but now she couldn't imagine her life if he hadn't.

You can catch these two in their first public appearance together tomorrow at Raine's After it All premiere. Emily confirms she'll be walking the red carpet with him, braving the flashbulbs and bravado. We'll be there too, capturing the moment, which you can read all about afterward right here on Wally Hood Goes Hollywood.

We don't know about you, but we love this new couple news, and we wish Emily and Raine all the best.

What do all you Hood-lums think?

"Wally Hood wrote this?" Olivia asked, looking up from the article about Emily and Raine she'd been reading on her phone. "He was actually nice to both of you."

Emily exchanged a glance with Raine. The real story of what had gone down with Wally yesterday was something only they and Wally knew, and it would probably stay that way. Emily had expected Wally to be upset when he found out she hadn't told him the truth about the photo Kami had sent, but then Wally had told her he'd been the one to take the photo of her and Raine at her apartment. He swore he hadn't been following her, and said he'd been in the neighborhood, remembered a question he'd had about her next column, and had decided to stop by.

Emily had managed to keep it together when Wally told her that. Not because she believed him, but because it had made her feel better about a decision she'd come to, which was the condition she had mentioned in her text message to him on Saturday. She'd told Wally she would give him the real story about her and Raine, and he could even do an exclusive interview with both of them, but he had to agree to end their business partnership. She wouldn't write any more columns for his site after the two more that had already been drafted. Emily liked Wally, but she knew continuing to work together would be a disaster for both of them. He would always feel as though he could ask her questions about her and Raine, and she would be resentful of him using their working relationship to try and get answers out of her.

Surprisingly, Wally had agreed. Emily had arranged a time for him to come to her place and talk to her and Raine, and the interview had gone well. Wally had been in a good mood, even cracking jokes with them and hanging around after they were done to talk about a preseason football game with Raine.

The story had run this morning on Wally Hood Goes Hollywood, and Emily and Shelby had arrived at Raine's house for dinner just as Jackson Finch had texted Olivia the link to it. Jackson wanted to know if he'd really read that after Raine had refused to tell him anything just last week.