The Layers Unseen

The world is a beautiful place, but it doesn't compare to the home I built in your arms.  "Maybe this is what we've needed all along. Distance from everything else, and closeness to eachother."

We created illusions of love in our minds to the point we actually believed it to be true. We thought we were in love, but that's the thing, we were so far from being in love. We would look into each others eyes and relight every match that had burned out.  But that's the thing, there's magic in every kiss, in every heartbreak, in every breath we breathed. There's magic in this little old town of Bluffton. There's magic in the way your heart still continues to function even after being broke time after time. There's magic in the way your lips can slip the sweetest of lies. There's magic within you.

Your eyes are an ocean I wish to drown myself in. Its funny to think that even at your worst, I still thought of you as the best. I could see myself wanting to be yours. I wanted to take care of you as we got closer to our final breath. I wanted to see you grow as a person. I wanted to kiss you every morning and every night, or when you needed me. I wanted all of you; your flaws, your body, your personality, your smile, your kisses, your touch. I wanted you. I wanted you and that's the saddest part. It was sad that after all I've been through, you wanted to put me through it once more. It is completely heartbreaking that no matter what, you'd always have a special place in my heart and I'd love you unconditionally until I decided it was my time to go.

You were my favorite part of me, but now you rarely cross my mind. Falling out of love was harder than falling in love, but I guess we really fight for what we want.