Sam Connor

The light started off dim but grew to be dazzling. Like those really slow light bulbs. The ones that take for ever to heat up. Annabeth Chase, the closer I got to her the better she became. I'm not the smartest at my school, but I have a pretty decent grade. Annabeth is by far the smartest. She got 115 on her first test and still beat out then smartest classmate. She is amazing. Her long blonde hair smells like pomegranate and flowers. It had all the guys on their knees. The first thing you notice about her is that she has startling gray eyes. I don't have a crush on her, I'm like her brother. If anyone hurt her I would bash their face in with their own life.

Right now Annabeth are in the middle of our last class of the day. English. I love English. We had the best teacher, Mrs. C. Mrs. C was so funny. She could turn any situation into something funny. For example she was lecturing us son spelling and she told us that one time she failed an English assignment and her teacher had told her to not become an English teacher, so she became an English teacher just for that reason. Annabeth's knee bounced up and down, I stretched my at across the space I between us and touched her knee. The universal sign to stop being annoying.

"Why are you so hyper? Did you have a bag of skittles again?"her face showed a mix of horror and amusement.

"Never will I ever eat a whole bag of skittles again. And my boyfriend is picking me up today!"her face light up when she mentioned him. She has a whole hour dedicated to talking about her boyfriend. I don't mind because I have the same thing for my girlfriend.

After forty five minutes of class, the bell rang. Annabeth was out of the class even before the bell stopped ringing. I grabbed my stuff and raced after her. When I reached the parking lot, panting and wheezing, Annabeth was in he arms of a teenaged guy. Sitting behind him was an old, beat up  pick up truck. You could tell that at one point in time that the car had been amazing. Now the paint was chipping and rusty patches were everywhere.

Annabeths boyfriend, Percy, spun her around and put her in front of him. I took this as my chance to introduce myself.

"Hi, you must be Percy. Annabeth talks about you for an hour everyday,"Annabeth's cheeks light up with a blush while Percy burst out laughing,"I'm Sam. Annabeth's only awesome friend at this school,"I stuck my hand out for him, he griped onto it and firmly shook it.

"Ya I'm Percy. I've heard a lot about you Sam. Wise Girl here never shuts up about you,"he didn't say it rudely, but rather kind. A small smile played on his lips while his hand intertwined with Annabeth's. I smiled knowing that they probably wanted alone time.

"Well I have to go. It was great meeting you Percy. Catch ya some other time,"I waved while backing away. Percy waved and shouted a goodbye. Annabeth hugged me and told me that she wouldn't be at school the next week. I was a little bummed at that but everyone missed school every now and then.

Percy and Annabeth made a cute couple