The Falling

Brazen's P.O.V.

I looked around, genderless bodies surrounded me. I didn't think any of it because my body was the same. After all angels were without gender. My gaze fell down to my hands as a roll of thunder filled my ears. The Lord gazed down at us all. I couldn't bare to meet his holy gaze. I felt that I had failed him. Only the expendable angels stood here. If I was expendable then I had never done anything to be truly worthy in the eyes of the Lord. At least that was how I felt.

"Go forth and bring peace to the Lost Sands." The Lord spoke and suddenly I was falling with only one thought in my mind. Let your will be done, Oh Mighty Lord.

Falling was the first pain I had ever felt in my two thousand years of life. I screamed with pain for the first time. Next to me, another angel screamed as their wings burned and body took a gender. Breasts formed upon their, wait her, chest. Her robe burned and leather clad covered her body. I could feel pain on my own body as something grew between my legs, it appeared I was now a male. My robes burned and leather covered my bottom half. My skin felt like it was on fire. My once beautiful white wings darkened and feathers began to burn and turn into ash. I screamed. Falling hurt so much. To no longer be a messenger of my Lord hurt so much.

My first real tear ran on my cheek. Then my freshly fallen body hit the ground along with my fellow angels. This was the start, this was the start of bringing peace to the Lost Sands.

Freedom's P.O.V.

I lifted Chute up and tried to soothe his shaking. I carried him to the room to find the others had built a fort out of our blanket ration. I settled down into the fort as Rush handed me a bowl of stew. With Chute shaking in my lap, my other kids cuddling up to me, I ate. I was so hungry.

After my much needed food I laid down and hugged Chute. Ember-Rose rested her head on my stomach. Everyone hugged each other and I started in on a story. The prince was just about to kiss the princess when someone barged in. They were panting as the kids and I sat up staring at them.

"Prophet, you're going to need to see this." They said and darted away. I stood up and Brailey stood up to follow. I pushed her back to the floor.

"Stay here all of you. I want to know you're safe." I pecked Brailey's forehead. "Watch out for each other." I quickly unlocked the cupboard in the corner of our small room. I grabbed my daggers and locked my other weapons up again. I gave Chute a quick forehead kiss before I left and closed the door behind me. I followed Salvation's pale hair outside and saw it. Winged people were falling from the sky. Okay, this was weird.

Brailey's P.O.V.

We watched Reed leave and then Rush opened the door.

"Where are you going? Reed said to stay here." Firia whimpered. We were scared about the urgency of how the adults had acted. Rush looked at his twin sister.

"I wanna know what's happening. Besides, Reed might need our help." Rush said. Chute stood up and walked over to Rush. Soon Ember-Rose and Firia had joined the boys. I whispered a few words that Reed wouldn't want me to say and then all five of us set out to find Reed.

Freedom's P.O.V.

F.E.A.R. appeared in the sand and began to slay the winged people. I rushed forward and began to defend a rather terrified winged girl. Salvation darted to my aid.

"Reed, what are you doing?" He asked. We pushed one of the enemy to the ground. I gave a smile.

"If F.E.A.R. wants them dead, then we want them alive." I said and pulled a winged guy to his feet and went to hand him one of my daggers. He shook his head and wouldn't accept it.