The Beginning

***

You see, I was always that shy and extremely nerdy girl in school. I was bullied because of how I used to dress and how quiet I was. I was NEVER able to speak up for myself, no matter how hard I tried.

I was neglected at home. My parents did illegal drugs and always got drunk. I'd always lock myself in my room whenever they weren't sober and just tried to sing my fears away. When my parents were sober, I'd try to tell them what was going on with my life. But they'd always ignore me or just send me somewhere. It was no better because I was the only child in the family, so it was very lonesome.

It was my first day of my Junior year and nothing had changed with me. I had the same big glasses, same baggy sweatshirts and jeans, tore up shoes, and to top it off... Braces. Back then, if you had braces you were considered a lame or ugly. So it was really hard to fit in.

I wore my hair up in a pony tail all the time. Never once have I wore my hair down, unless I was showering or comfortable in my own presence.

I grabbed my bag and keys, and made my way to my door and remembered that I was leaving my notepad. I slid that in my bag and made my way down our small hallway. Yeah, that's right. Our house is very small and it's in one of the rough parts of Virginia. My family isn't exactly financially stable... As you can see why.

Once I left out of the house, I began walking down my street making my way to the bus stop. I absolutely hate public transportation, just because of the people and sanitation. But it was my only way to get to school.

As I stepped onto the bus, Marty greeted me as always. Marty was the bus driver, he was always so sweet to me. He'd give me extra change when I needed it, and he'd even let me ride home from school for free. I can say he was the only person who cared about my feelings.

"Hello Megan. How are you feeling this morning?" He asked, with a bright smile.

"Good and you?" I asked, as I inserted the change into the machine.

"Ahh I'm good. Still living." He said, as he pulled off. I smiled slightly.

"Wish I could say the same.." I whispered, so he couldn't hear me and walked to the back of the bus as it moved.

No one was currently on the bus at the time, because I always get on early. As the ride to school began, I decided to pull out my pad and write. Since it is like a 15 minute ride.

I love poetry... That's all I'd ever write when I was bored. It's like my mind was filled with alliterations and metaphors. I smiled as I came up with a line and began writing it down.

I looked up thinking of more phrases, but my thoughts were interrupted by my eyes holding a glimpse onto the most attractive guy I've ever seen. He was walking towards me slowly looking for a seat. When he looked up, our eyes met and held onto to each other. I grew nervous and looked down at my paper.

He had beautiful caramel skin, he was slender with broad shoulders and his eyes were so... Mesmerizing. He wore a snapback, that was worn backwards. He didn't have a book bag or anything. It was just him.

I've never seen him before, I wonder where he came from? Maybe a transfer?

The next time I looked up, the bus was approaching the school. I slid my pen and notepad into my bag and pulled the yellow string. I got up and began making my way towards the front of the bus. I was always the only one to get off of the bus at this stop, but it seems that the boy was also getting off because he stood and walked in front of me.