The Problem

***

My day continued, my mind continued, my heart continued... My life continued.

I just wanted to go home, drown myself in Lauryn Hill's voice and write my vibes onto a sheet of paper. I sighed, waiting for the bell to ring. It was my second to last period and I swear time couldn't feel any slower.

Today was already an eventful day. I think I came off a little too hard on Chris, though. I didn't mean to sound so rude. I just wanted to get my point across without telling him what's specifically going on with me. I personally believe that it isn't any of his business.

The bell finally rung and I was off to my last class. Just forty more minutes.

Once I arrived to my class, I walked in and everyone was seated. I nervously walked to my desk avoiding contact with any of the students. I sat all the way in the back, where I sat yesterday. Kody was also in this class. But I believe in this class he won't bother me too much.

As I sat down and pushed the loose hair behind my ear, I watched as Kody and one of his friends walked in and took their seats. The late bell finally rang and in came the teacher. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

My history teacher began to teach and since it was the second day. She was just going over rules and the syllabus.

My mind began to get lost in a sea of thoughts and a poem began to form inside of my head. I quickly grabbed my pen and paper. I let my hand lead me to form a beautiful stanza. I looked up, feeling eyes stare into the side of my face. I looked around the room and My eyes met with Kody's. I instantly felt very uncomfortable.

I squirmed in my seat and awkwardly looked back down at my paper.

Please Hurry 2 o' clock.

***

The bell finally rung and I made sure everyone left the class first, only because of Kody. I quickly made my way to the door once everyone left and scurried to my locker. Once I opened my locker I felt a warm breath on my neck. I didn't want to turn around because I knew who it was.

"So you just gon run away from me?" He whispered in my ear. I felt my eyes begin to water.

"Why don't you just leave me be?" I lightly mumbled.

"Now why would I do that?" He whispered in my ear. His finger tips moved my hair back, and I felt his hand trace my bruise. I hissed as I felt him sniff my hair.

"Ooooo, who did this to you?" He asked. "Looks like you got what you deserved."

I tried to move from his touch but he kept grip on me.

"Don't flinch. I won't hurt you..." He whispered. The halls began to get quiet, signaling that everyone has left the building. "Yet..." He finished.

"Get off of me, you prick!" I demanded, as I elbowed him and ran towards the exit. Not caring about leaving my locker open or leaving my belongings. I heard him groaning from a distance in agony.

"HEY! YOU FUCKING SLUT! GET BACK HERE!" I heard him yell behind me and slam against a locker.

I ran and ran, feeling my adrenaline rush through my veins. My body didn't seem to stop its motions. But it had no chance when I ran into someone, while looking behind me.