Chapter Three | Cold

-

Hotaru Imai

Mikan was so close with Sumire – and don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous or anything. It's just weird.

Narumi's letting us have some free time since she's back – and Haru left because the class kind of ignored him. So I'm currently sitting here in my row, with Mikan and Sumire.

She's mostly talking to Sumire whilst hugging me.

I'm happy she's back – but nobody'll tell me what happened in my absence. Sumire said 'I'll tell you later', but I'm not really gonna buy that.

"How come you guys are so close?" Anna asked voicing my thoughts. The two paused and looked at her in suprise.

"Well," Mikan started. "I was really depressed when Hotaru left. So, I was kind of an asshole to everyone or just really annoying --"

"You're annoying all the time Mikan but go on." Sumire intefered.

Well I was about to say that, but whatever.

"Then me an Sumire got paired for a club – since the school started this whole 'extra-curricular club' thing, because they wanted to be more normal. Me and Sumire both signed up for Athletics."

Oh.

"And so, we got close, as you said Anna! So, I consider Sumire as one of my best friends now." Sumire smiled and nodded making Anna grin.

"I see..." I mumbled making Mikan look up at me with a grin.

"You're still my number one though Hotaru!"

"Hm..." She smiled, her eyes flickering to behind me occasinally.

Natsume Hyuuga.

Mikan had went round and caught up with everyone but him. She merely gave Ruka a quick hug and moved on. Heck she even said 'Hi' to Mochu and Wakao, but quite coldly.

I turneed to look at Natsume with a frown and he raised his eyebrows – which seemed as if he was asking 'What?'.

'The hell is going on with you and Mikan?' I gestured with a frown looking at him and then her. He picked up on it and sighed.

'I'll tell you later Hotaru. Just drop it.'

Glaring at him he sighed and shook his head, "God Natsume Hyuuga you're so annoying." I said making him frown. Mikan broke our hug and looked at Natsume.

"What'd you do?" She asked quite threateningly. Natsume's eyes widened before shaking his head again.

"Nothing..." Mikan turned around and sighed, "Stupid idiot.'

I hate being in the cold about everything.

[A/N: I'm updating twice today, so haha, look out for the next update later on...it's half done I think.]