Chapter 1

Elly's POV

I'm Elly. I used to live with both of my parents until my mother died of a rare disease that cannot be cured. I was of course very angry and sad that she had left me, but that's the least of my worries right now.

My father decided to remarry and decided to leave me like my mother did after being remarried for two months with that lady. I despise her. I honestly think that she killed my father because of our money. That's also the least of my worries now.

Now, I live with two obnoxious, annoying, stupid, step sisters and their mother. Right after my father died, they transferred my belongings to a raggedy part of our house. I hate them. They are treating me like a maid, a servant, a slave. Why did my parents have to leave me?

~*~

Elly is 18 years old. She has brown hair and flawless white skin. She had the perfect assets but she had to cover them because of her sisters' jealousy.

The Prince, Franz, is looking for a wife who had the perfect assets and innocent face to meet his needs. To do this, he invited every eligible ladies to a ball at his castle.

~*~

Elly POV

"Elly! Come get my laundry and wash it!" Yelled Ana, one of the sisters.

"Coming!" I replied.

"While you're at it, get mine too!" Trina, the other sister, ordered.

I walk up the flight of stairs to get their laundry. After I had them, I walked to the laundry room.

After, I set the clothes down, the doorbell suddenly rang. I ran to the door to see who it is.

"Here's a letter from the prince," the pager said.

"Thank you," I said graciously. Then he looked at me up and down, checking me out before he left. That was weird.

I ran to where the sisters were practicing their vocals. I might say, no matter how much practice they do, their voices are still cringe worthy. I knocked on the door three times only to be yelled by step mother again.

"What?!"

"Step mother, a letter arrived from the prince," I nicely said.

"The prince? Let me see!" Ana said enthusiastically. "The prince is inviting all of us to the ball!" She shrieked.

"That means I can attend, too. Right, step mother?" I asked.

"Well, if you finish all these chores and if you have a dress to wear," she said showing me a list of chores I have already done and more.

"But step mother, I've already done most of these," I said.

"Do them again! Now, get out," she ordered.

I huffed and left the room. At least I can go if I do these chores. I just need to find a dress, but where?

Since, I've already cleaned most of the chores on the list, I just have to reassure they're very clean then I can sew my own dress.

~*~

Finally! I'm done with this dress. It looks good enough to wear to a ball.

~*~

I walk down the flight of stairs to see my step sisters and mother ready to attend the ball. They looked so elegant composed with their dresses and makeup, while I looked like a country bumpkin. No makeup and a primitive dress. I frowned.