The oath

Newly turned fourteen year old Valentine was about to take the  parabatai oath with his adopted brother Lucian who wanted to called Luke because it was easier to sign. Yeah Luke's deaf deal with it .

Luke was getting ready to take the parabatai oath with his adopted brother Valentine , he was the only one allowed to call him Val because signing Valentine took to long . No second thoughts they were brothers by adoption time to be brothers to all. Fight , feel and live as one . To share their souls.

They step forward for their circles of fire into the joint one.

Valentine speaking and signing

"Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or return from following after thee—
For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Angel do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and "

No fault , no hesitation ready to always fight along side his brother .

Luke states the oath along with his brother signing and speaking occasionally stuttering over the words .

En-Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or return from following after thee—
For whither-er thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people s-shall be my people, and thy God my God.
Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.
The Angel-l do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and "

Luke thinks know the runes grabbing his brothers non dominate left forearm he makes the rune on his arm. Then allows his brother to do the same.

The fire dies out . Valentine signs to his brother i will be your ears and always have you back.
Luke signs and speaks back because he knows his brother doesn't care if he stutters

" I will-l always-s have your back Val.