To Idrias

Valentine , go get your brother and come to my office Jonathan Morgenstren says to his elder son .

Yes sir is the replay given as he son leaves to havefind his brother and "parabatai .

Because parabatai are more the brother because in battle their hearts beat as one . He remembers the death of Lucius and Maria Greymark the true parents of Luke. He wonders if they would care if their only son was deaf. He could not care less about the disability his son had because he raised him . He hears a knocking on his office door .

Come in boys . When the door opens he signs and speaks " have a seat we need to talk. You two have just turned fourteen and are about to go to the shadow hunter academy in Idrias . Luke the others will look down on you because you are what the consider disabled. Valentine I know you will wish to help you brother with these people . However unless Luke says he can't handle it don't intervene . they will discredit Luke more because it would seem he lets his parabatai handle his battles for him"

Do you understand me.

Valentine a tells his father "yes sir"

Luke stutters out " yess sir"

Good job with the speaking Luke you should always speak to your teachers and peers." Knowing his younger son hates the fact he stutters it makes him feel different.

"But Luke says "

His father cuts him off " most of them will never have heard of sign language you will need to teach them. Speak and sign slowly around others that way they can learn. That goes for you to Valentine .

Yes sir
Ok sir
he gets for the from his two boys.

Let's go outside theirs a warlock waiting to make the portal to Idrais.

They step out side.

Their father ordering to warlock to make the portal.

Stepping through he motions for the boys to fellow him.

Valentine speaks and sign a to his brother " Where I go you go we are parabatai , no one will separate us I will always be your ears."

" I know Val I will never forget me are parabatai . And the oath you made me to be my ears. We will be shadow hunters. The best of the best."

The brothers step though the portal together. The first step to being shadow hunters.

Hey Renegade here. Sightly longer then my first chapter. Nobody's really read it so far but I write for stress relief. So please read. Comment . I ask you don't flame because it's why I stopped writing on different website. I type the chapters for this with no planing . So I plan to update once a week.

Renegade out