Three: After Performance

I finished the last song of my set and could hear my heart beating in my ears. The adrenaline. The familiar rush I get after every performance. 

I was walking off stage with my guitar in my right hand when I was stopped by him. 

He introduced himself as Johnathan Michael, although I already knew who he was. 

"So, what do you want?" I asked, while doing my absolute best to avoid eye contact with him. 

"Oh, nothing nothing. Just to get some coffee with you." He said with a half smile.

Was he flirting with me?

"You don't even know me." I exclaimed before smiling. "But..okay." 

He slid me a piece of paper and told me to call him. I probably wouldn't call him. Why would I? This is the same guy who snapped out on me for helping him pick strings. But he was cute. And obviously we have some things in common..with the guitar thing, at least.

He took a step back and smiled at me before backing completely away. 

Once he was completely out of my way, I went straight to my closet room and put my guitar away. I sat down and grabbed my phone. I decided I had to tell Lindsey..She'd tell me if something like this happened. 

I unlocked my phone and pulled up messaging. 

Me: LINDSEY YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!

I instantly got a message back. Typical Lindsey, had her phone near her at all times. 

Lindsey: WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO YOU AND WHY ARE WE TEXTING YELLING LANGUAGE??

Me: OKAY OKAY, So you remember me telling you about my favorite band; Blazed in Fury?

Lindsey: Yeah, kind of. The one with the hot guitarist with the jawline, right?

Me: YUP THAT'S THE ONE. GUESS WHO I SAW AT THE GIG TONIGHT.

Lindsey: LEMME GUESS...HE WAS THERE???

Me: YES AND HE ASKED ME TO GET A COFFEE WITH HIM. HE EVEN GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!!

Next thing I knew, my phone was buzzing in my hands. It was Lindsey. I answered but had no time to talk before a high pitched squeal came in through the other line.

"Okay, hello to you too!" I said into the speaker while standing up and beginning to pace. Pacing while on the phone has always been a little habit of mine that I couldn't exactly break. 

"So have you called him? Oh my goodness, Brooklyn!!! What are you going to wear? Is this considered a date? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CALL HIM????" I started to believe that Lindsey was more excited than I was.

See, these kind of things never happened to me. I haven't had a boyfriend let alone been on a date since 8th grade year. Guys didn't pay much attention to me. They never really liked the idea of me being more interested in my music than I was them. So they stopped paying attention to me. But Johnathan..he's going to understand why. He's not going to push me and oh my goodness what am I talking about. It's just coffee. He probably offers a coffee date - if this was even a date - to all of his fans.

"BROOKLYN ANSWER ME!!" I was cut out of my thoughts by an aggravated Lindsey.

"Sorry Lindsey, I was just thinking. Anyways, no I haven't called him yet. I just got done with the gig like 10 minutes ago when I texted you. I probably won't call him until tomorrow, maybe. And I'm not sure what I'll wear. It's just coffee, nothing special." I couldn't hold back the smile spreading across my face. 

Whether it's a date or not, I was really excited for this. My favorite guitarist from my favorite band noticed me. He talked to me. Not a lot of people get to meet their inspirations for free like this.

"I'll help you pick something out. Do you know when this little coffee date is taking place?" She said into the speaker.

I then heard a knock at the door. 

"Listen Lindsey, I'll call you back and we'll talk about this later." I said before hanging up and setting my phone on the table.

I walked to the door and opened it. 

"I'm sorry, I'll be out soo-" I looked up to find Johnathan. 

"Oh, well..You're not the manager." I laughed while leaning against the door. "Can I help you?" 

He let himself in. Okay, rude, but I ignored it. 

"Can I see your guitar?" He asked me while sitting down on the chair next to my guitar case. Before I could answer, he unlatched my case and pulled out my guitar.

"Okay, sure, help yourself." I said while rolling my eyes.

He pulled out my pick and strummed a simple G major before tuning by ear. I sat down across from him and watched him. Why was he in here? Why couldn't he go play his own guitar?

I knew one thing for sure. And that was that Johnathan Michael was one strange guy.

He looked up at me and did that half smile thing before setting my guitar back in the case and standing up. 

"Sorry for seeming weird. I overheard you at the music store the other day and was interested in hearing you play. And when I heard you playing some of my songs tonight, it just made me happy. And made me really want to get to know you. So I hope you don't mind-" He started to say before I cut him off.

"Don't worry about it. I'm really glad you came. And I wouldn't mind grabbing a coffee with you at all. It just really shocked me to see you came."

He smiled at my mention of the coffee idea. And when I said it shocked me that he came, he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Why would it surprise you?" He asked.

"Oh probably because of our little conversation at the music store. Plus I didn't think you even heard me talking to Ms. Boyce about it, so..." 

He smiled once again and looked at the wall to the right of us. 

"Well, I felt bad about that little conversation of ours and figured a way to make it up to you would be to buy you some coffee this Friday night. And now that you've already admitted that you like the idea of us getting coffee.." He looked back at me and grinned. "It's a date. I'll pick you up at 9. Just call me tomorrow, alright?" 

I couldn't hold back the smile. Or the blush.

"Alright. I'll call you tomorrow."