Chapter 3

Sierra 

Sierra yawned and rubbed her eyes as she woke up.

"Well, today's the day, girls!" Sierra said to her cats who seemed to be waking up about the same time Sierra did. 

She sluggishly got out of bed and walked into her kitchen. Sierra grabbed the new bag of cat food and scooped a cup into two bowls, one for Celie and one for Olivia. The cats came scrambling in once they heard the food hit the bowl. 

"Wow, you guys must be starving!" Sierra laughed. 

With about two hours until Sierra needed to be at the theatre, she grabbed some tea and made herself an egg and toast. She wanted to relax before she started work. But once it was actually time to get ready, she didn't really know what to wear. Casual? Fancy? Business Casual? She decided to play it safe by wearing a nice purple short sleeve shirt with black leggings and a black scarf. After she finally decided what she was going to wear, she took a quick shower and got dressed. 

After applying a little makeup and blow drying her hair, she was out the door with her belongings for the dressing room. Sierra grabbed a cab and was on her way to Her Majesty's Theatre. 

When she was in the cab she couldn't stop thinking this was really happening. 

In about ten minutes, Sierra was paying the cab driver and walking into the theatre. Once Sierra walked in, she was quickly greeted by Andrew.

"Ah hello, Sierra," Andrew smiled.

"Hey, Andrew. It's great to see you again!"

"Welcome to Her Majesty's Theatre! Before we get to work, why don't we run into my office and discuss the contract. Follow me."

Sierra followed Andrew down a hallway and then up a staircase. After they reached the top, they walked into the office. 

"Here we are! You may sit down if you'd like," said Andrew. 

"Wow, this place is like a maze!" Sierra replied while grinning ear to ear.

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy, huh? Well anyway, let's talk about the contract. Since we've already been through this procedure before, I won't cover everything but if you have any questions just ask."

"Okay," Sierra politely replied. 

"So first of all, you will be playing Christine but as an alternate."

When Andrew said that, Sierra was a little surprised but totally understanding. Of course, she didn't have to audition. She pretty much got this job out of pure luck and of course, talent.

"And I am setting up your contract for three months. During these months, you may be promoted or even fired. And of course, we can always renew a contract. Also, every week, you will be performing at least once. We most likely will add more shows in for you but the minimum is one," Andrew continued. 

"Gotcha," Sierra said while nodding her head. 

"Any questions?"

"Nope," Sierra said while popping the 'p'.

"Great, so I'll I need you to do is sign here. And here is a copy of the contract."

Sierra signed the contract and smiled. 

"Thank you so much, Andrew. I am so grateful. If you don't mind me asking, did I replace anyone?" Sierra was curious because she didn't want to have been the cause of someone losing their job.

"Of course not, and no. The last alternate's contract ended and we were looking for a new Christine," Andrew stood up and said,"Now if you'll follow me to the dressing rooms."