Up All Night

It was 2:30am and you were up completing an essay for school. You would've been asleep quite some time ago, if it wasn't for your boyfriend's amazing coffee and support.

"Hey, Rin?" you ask, feeling guilty for asking him to stay up with you.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Can you make me another cup? I can barely keep my eyes open, this little isn't working."

"You really should rest, (y/n)" Rin said sternly.

You don't respond.

Rin frowns. "You've spent too much time on this," he notes.

He has to admit, though, he admires how much time you spend on your education. He remembers clear as day the first time he asked you out -- which you rejected.

"I need a good education before I go and think about romance." was your response.

But, with a little time and getting to know him even more than you already had, you ended up saying yes eventually.

Rin rolled his eyes. "Alright, I think you've done enough typing. Come on, let's go to bed."

"What? I'm not done--"

"Yes, you are," he says, picking you up from the couch.

"But--"

"No buts." he says aggressively, staring straight into your (e/c) drowsy eyes.

Letting out a sigh of defeat, Rin grins. You yawn, swiping one hand down your face. He's right. You're beyond tired, and sleep sounds like the best thing in the world right now.

"Rin?" you ask shyly, and very tiredly.

"What?" he glances at you curiously.

"Set my alarm for 5 instead of 6, okay?"

"No." he replies, voice strained as he eases onto the bed, setting you down beside him.

"Tomorrow," he says, "We're spending time together."

Rin reaches over and turns your phone off completely before kissing your forehead lightly.

"...Rin?"

"Hm?"

A few seconds pass as the two of you get comfortable and Rin thinks you've fallen asleep mid-conversation.

"I love you," your quiet, tired voice says.

Rin makes a small noise of surprise. You've been dating for the past year and a half, but you've never once said those three words to him before, and he can't help but smile as his eyes close.

"I love you, too." He replies softly, and strokes your hair.

You fall asleep in Rin's embrace, bundled up and cozy, peacefully.