Lost Night

Ryder Dawn's huffs came like smoke billows out of his mouth. I chased after them in the dark, limping through the night after some crazy man. But, I couldn't stop myself. My inner wolf thrashed and keeled towards him, towards the woods. The dark. The trees ate up his breath puffs, I followed.

                The branches snagged at my feet and burned. Soon it was just the sound of our breath and the twigs. Hfffffff....hhhhh.....Hhhffff...huuhhhggfff....hhhhsss..I look up and see the black the star freckled sky. It seems like I will never catch Ryder Dawn. Why has it taken so long for me to find him anyways? Did he mean for me to come chasing after Luna? But I kept running.  

               He leads me to a meadow where the moon illuminates the snow. It's like a big white pad in the darkness, sparkling frost crystals. He stops and my pant comes to a slow as I near him. His shadow, standing in the white heaven.

              "Jayna," he whispers. He greens eyes turn to face me and it's true I could see even at night. His eyes. I looked back speechless. There was a tingling in my gut that had caught fire and started to burn my throat. So I stayed quiet. Because that's all I could do.

               Mate...