Chapter Forty-Two - Dylan O' Brien And A Near Kiss

From that night on, my friendship with Leo continues and my attraction and feelings towards him strengthen as well. We hang out a lot more and I will admit I have taken a liking for Leo. Not as a friend but something more. My need to glance at him discreetly and blush warming up my cheeks with every compliment from him has proven it. However, I'm not the only one who has a crush and is scared to confess. I discovered, after hang out with Brianna, that she really likes Chase.  To say I was shock at the news is an understatement. I haven't been hanging out with Brianna only but Stephanie as well and now we're all partners in crime, closer than we could ever be. We found out that her actual name is Symphony and her mother died while giving birth to Harmony, her sister. Her father wasn't arrested for helping Roger as he was threatened so now they are living like one happy family again. Brianna is also helping Carter look for his birth mother , which I was shocked to hear also since they look so alike. With everything back to normal, that's how Leo, Symphony, Carter and Brianna ended up in my bedroom.

"I really want to tell him but I don't think he likes me", Brianna frowns.

"Well, you don't know until you say something", I say.

"Boy aren't as complicated as you make us seem. There are obvious signs for if we like you. Teasing, compliments, pick-up lines, the list goes on", Carter shrugs as Leo nods along with him, looking at me. I look away so he can't see the blush on my cheeks. Symphony winks at me. It's pretty obvious to the girls that I like Leo but does he know? If he does that is so embarrassing. Hmm..signs that a boy likes you...teasing..compliments... Leo has done those to me before so does that mean he could possibly.... No way! Of course not! You see, I haven't told Leo how I feel because if he doesn't like me that will probably make our friendship uncomfortable. I just don't think I want to take the risk.

"So Angel, is there anyone you like?", Symphony smirks.

I glare at her before putting a dreamy look on my face," Actually I there is"

I pause as I laugh inwardly at how everyone was on the edge of their seats ,holding their breathes waiting for my answer. Looking in the corner of my eye , I see Leo's jaw clench.  Is he getting jealous?

"Hurry up and tell us", Brianna says with big eyes.

"Dylan O'Brien stole my heart away from the first time I saw him. What can I say? Love at first sight really exist", I let out a dreamy sigh, trying not to laugh at Brianna and Symphony's expressions.

"Seriously?", Symphony gives me a flat look.

"What?", I smirk and wink at her causing her to crack a smile and shake her head at me.

"Who's Dylan O'Brien?", Leo practically growls as his knuckles turn white from his tight fist.

I gasp as a hand goes over my heart along with the rest of the girls,"You don't know Dylan from Teen Wolf?!"

"No?"

"Oh my gosh, I didn't know such a person existed!", Brianna exclaims. Leo rolls his eyes and his jaw unclenches as he realizes that Dylan is an actor that I will probably never see in real life.  I let out a short chuckle before someone knocks on my bedroom door.  I look towards it and see my mother standing in the doorway with a bright smile.

"Dinner is ready", as that statement is said everyone hurries down, pushing to get to the table first while my mother just laughs at us.  Shannon smiles at us and shows off her gums as she sits in her feeding chair.  My parents, Sandra and my brother settle down at the table and we all dig in.  A few moans escape our mouths because of how good the food is. 

After dinner we all sit down and watch a movie before everyone goes to their homes except Leo who sits on the couch with me.   We talk about anything that comes to our heads and eat junk food.  With a full blander because of all those drinks that I downed, I rush to the bathroom while Leo stays sprawled out on the couch.  After doing my business and washing my hands,  I walk back to the living room.  Not seeing Shannon's toy on the ground,  I step on the small, pink car and slide, my body crashing to the floor.  Just as my back is about to hit the ground, I feel an arm snack around it and halt my descent.  I slowly open my tightly closed eyes and they are greeted by greenish- blue ones.  Ones that remind me of a calm sea that pulls you in.  Ones that make emotions ripple through you like waves.  Ones that make you feel things you never felt before.  Ones that belong to only one person I know and the only person in this room.  His minty breath fans my face as his eyes searches my face.  Does he have a pocket of mints or something because I don't remember Lays chips smelling like that.  My curls move sharply behind me as Leo pulls me into his chest and just continues to stare into my eyes, one arm still around my waist.   My heart beats rapidly against my rib cage, like if it wants to break it.  My breathes become sluggish as I wish I had brushed my teeth while I was in the bathroom. I'm so sure Leo's face is getting closer to mine but it could be my imagination.  However, being able to see every individual grey fleck in his blue eyes told me that it isn't my imagination.   Just as our lips were about to touch a voice booms causing our heads to snap towards it.

"What are you doing?", my mother raises a brow with her arms crossed as Sandra does the same beside her.

Oh sugar plums