Four - Rachel's Confession

"Have you seen his eyes?" Rachel sighs. I roll my eyes and continue on with my design for the building.

"Oh please, I'm sure there are boys who have much better eyes than him." I say. Rachel's eyes flash.

"No, no, his eyes are like the sea; so gorgeous." She tosses her short red hair over her shoulder and sighs again.

"I know," I whisper, hoping that she wouldn't hear, but it turns out that she did as she raises an eyebrow at me. "Well, I mean, his are pretty original, but it's just that I've seen better eyes."

"Of course you have." Rachel turns back to her homework. We're currently at her mansion of a house completing homework about half an hour after I fell into the pool at the aquarium. I was soaking wet but Percy leant me a towel which smells like him; the sea.

Rachel's dad is extremely rich. He owns a business which cuts down forests, and Rachel hates it. She doesn't like her parents as they wanted her to go to some posh finishing school for girls but she ran away and only agreed to come back if they'd let her go to Goode with me and Thalia. Her parents basically give her what she wants in case she runs away again. They 'support' her choice to become an artist but secretly I think that they still want her to become a 'proper lady'.

I've finished all my homework so I only need to complete the architecture drawing. "Did you go to the aquarium again today for the show?" Rachel asks.

"Yeah," I reply. "I think I'll go again tomorrow as well just to finish off the drawing."

"The show is pretty good, isn't it?" Rachel says and my heart stops. Has she been?

"Did you go to the show?" I ask casually, hoping she doesn't detect my change in tone. Unfortunately, she's already seen my expression.

"My dad got me a VIP ticket for today." She says, abandoning her homework on her bed to lean back against the wall. "I stayed behind afterwards."

Oh no. She knows.

"Annabeth, I know you expect me to hate you." Rachel says, almost gently, as if she's talking to a small child, and she knows that I hate that.

"Did you see...?" I trail off, and it's obvious that she's figured it out.

"I did. But don't worry!" The panicked look on my face startles her. She sighs. "I need to confess something."

"And that is?" I look at her.

"I don't like Percy."

"What?!" I'm shocked. "But you go on about him all the time!"

"I know," Rachel sighs. "It's just a cover up. Annabeth, I don't want to date anyone, so I made up the whole I-am-head-over-heels-in-love-with-Percy thing to fit in. To tell you the truth, seeing you talking with Percy this afternoon makes me think that you and him would make a really great couple - and I mean it with all my heart."

"Rachel, wow, I don't know what to say." She grins at me.

"Then don't say anything. Tomorrow at the show, go tell him."

I grin. "I will."

My heart leaps at the thought of telling Percy how I feel because for the first time, I finally don't feel scared about admitting my love for him.