Six - 'Vile Creature'

The next day at school, Rachel and Thalia are like my personal body guards. I was right in thinking that Rachel would tell Thalia, and was glad that I didn't have to answer any of her questions. In fact, the only time we brought up the topic was at lunch. Percy had tried to approach me, but Thalia just glared at him and he went away.

"You should try to get him back." Thalia suggests as we eat our lunch. "Like, just prank him or something."

"I don't know," I sigh.

"He deserves it." Rachel insists.

"But if I did get him back, how should I do it?" I ask.

"You could go up to him and punch him in the nose?" Thalia says. I give her a sharp look and she shrugs her shoulders. "That's what I did when a boy tried to kiss me one time. Though it did get me expelled." She grins and I sigh.

"Why don't you go to the show this afternoon?" Rachel suggests. "He wouldn't be expecting you to turn up and he would probably see you and try to talk to you. You could tell him how much you hate him and are disgusted by him, then walk out like a boss."

Both Thalia and I look at her. "What?" she says.

"That is the worst plan ever."

"That is the best plan ever."

Thalia and I say at the same time.

"Punching him in the face is better." Thalia huffs, crossing her arms.

"There is no need for violence, Thals." I sigh.

"Okay, okay." Thalia raises her hands. "Go to the show. I'm not stopping you."

I smile gratefully at her. Hopefully, Rachel's plan will work.

•••

The show runs smoothly. Like Rachel predicted, Percy spotted me in the crowd and afterwards gestured for me to come down.

As soon as I got down there, he opened his mouth to speak but I was already storming up to him where he stood at the pool's edge.

"You are the most vile creature I've ever met." I seethe, overcome with anger. Screw what Rachel said for no violence. When I was done, there'd be a slap mark on his cheek. "Who leads a girl on then kisses another one right in her face?"

"Annabeth, I can explain-" Percy raises his hands but I cut him off.

"If course you can explain. But I don't want you to. I understand perfectly clear about your feelings towards me. I can't believe that I actually had a crush on a disgusting boy like you!" I swing my hand back to slap him but loose my balance. As I look down at my feet, I realise that my right foot is on the edge of the pool, just as I topple sideways and into the pool. Again.

Great. Just what I needed. (Note the sarcasm.)