Prologue

A full moon shined over the crisp, blue lake as a cat stared at its reflection. Deeply troubled, the she-cat let out a long sigh and continued looking beyond the water. Its pale, silver fur glowed as the moonlight shone on her pelt.

"Something's not right." The cat murmured to herself.

She got up from the smooth grass by the lake and padded through the luscious forest of Starclan. After the Great Battle, Starclan was now at peace and the Dark Forest was finally defeated.

Gazing at the group of cats the she-cat passed by, she couldn't find the cat she wanted to talk to. After a few moments of walking, her ears perked up as she found the blue, gray she-cat she was looking for. But before she could take another step, the cat turned and looked at the silver cat, her blue eyes glowing.

"Greetings Bluestar." The she-cat dipped her head.

"Silverstar." The former Thunderclan leader nodded. "How is the prey running for you?"

"Plentiful as always here in Starclan." Silverstar meowed.

Bluestar's ear twitched. "I can see you are troubled."

"Yes." Silverstar replied. "That is why I came looking for you."

She flicked her tail signaling Silverstar to walk beside her. After a few moments of silence Bluestar spoke:

"Have you tried talking to her?"

The silver she-cat shook her head. "She tends to shut every cat out who tried to get close to her. Especially me, her former leader."

"There has to be a cat she is comfortable around." Bluestar insisted.

"There is, though only one." Silverstar meowed. "A white tabby she-cat name Snowcrystal."

"Are they littermates?"

"No, best friends."

"I see." Bluestar pondered. "How was she back when you were the leader of Thunderclan during the Ancient times?"

Silverstar thought about it for a moment. "She was one of the most loyal warrior any leader could ask for. Always willing to put her Clan first." Then her voice faltered. "She would've became my deputy... Until the incident happened."

The gray she-cat paused in her tracks. "What exactly happened?"

"No cat knows." Silverstar sighed. "All I know is that she suddenly disappeared from Thunderclan the day after a Gathering. We tried following her scent but it was washed away. She was gone."

"But a cat can't disappear like that without an explanation." Bluestar protested.

"Well apparently they can." Silverstar said grimly.

The tip of her tail twitched anxiously. "Did she have any quarrel with a cat from another clan? Or hers?"

"Not that I know of."

Bluestar gave an irritated growl. "We must know the truth."

"There is no cat who holds the truth of her death in their paws." Silverstar retorted.

"Or is there?" She questioned. "What about Snowcrystal?"

"What about Snowcrystal?"

The two she-cats jumped and whipped around. Their eyes met a white tabby she-cat with blue icy eyes which were full of suspicion. She padded forward and sat in front of the two cats who stood under a maple tree.