Chapter 1

Moonshade pawed anxiously at a tuft of grass, her eyes darting from side to side. It was time for her to brought back to life. To have a second chance and live like a warrior again. Starclan cats muttered excitedly around her as they glanced at the black she-cat. It seems like they were more enthusiastic about her being brought back than herself.

I'm really going to miss everyone. Moonshade thought as she watched all the other cats socializing together. But there she was, standing in the middle of it all, alone and anxious. A familiar scent drifted towards her and she recognized the swift smell of pine trees and bark. Curling her lip, Moonshade turned her back away from the cat approaching her.

"What's with that face of yours?" A deep voice meowed, "It's like you don't want to be brought back to life again. Is that the problem?"

The black she-cat let out an exasperated sigh, "Of course I want to go back, mousebrain. But that's not the reason why my mood suddenly swung."

She heard pawsteps walk towards her where she stood until it stopped beside her. Her nose twitched at his scent. She wanted to recoil back in anger but the truce, which forever held Starclan together, was holding her back.

He let out a small chuckle, "Why must you be so tense around me? I still don't give you the shivers, do I?"

Moonshade backed away before her fur stood up on the ends. She narrowed her blue eyes at him, "Why must you ask such stupid questions? You know the exact reason why I don't trust a Shadowclan cat like you." She spat out the last few words.

Pinestorm sighed, "You still don't trust me? Even after death, you still stare at me as if I'm the enemy. What do I  have to do to gain back your trust?"

Moonshade growled, "Why should I waste my time talking to you about it. I should be waiting for Firestar."

As if on cue, the flame colored tom walked towards her. Another cat followed him which she didn't recognise. It was a gray tabby tom with blind blue eyes.

"Are you ready?" Firestar asked.

She nodded without hesitating, "Yes I am."

Firestar flicked his tail, signalling all the Starclan cats around him to gather close. All the cats from the four different clans, including the Ancients, huddled close together.

Firestar spoke, "Moonshade, once you are in the present world by the Moonpool, Jayfeather," He nodded to the gray cat next to him, "Will guide you to the Thunderclan territory. I wish you the best of luck and may Starclan watch over you."

"I'll miss you, my dear friend!" Snowcrystal meowed.

Other cats joined in, saying their goodbyes and wishing their luck. Silverstar was among them and she smiled brightly at her former leader.

Before Pinestorm walked away to join the other cats, he whispered in her ear, "Remember, I'll never stop loving you."

He padded away before she could retort, but then as fast as he went, another cat walked towards her. She realized it was the white she-cat, Half-Moon.

"Hey-" She greeted but her eyes were full of hostility.

She leaned in close to her and snarled, "Stay away from Jayfeather. He may be a medicine cat and can't have a mate, but he is mine. If you do anything, even show a slight affection towards the blind cat, I'll make sure to find out the truth about your death and expose you. Remember that, forgotten warrior."

She padded away leaving her shocked. Why would I even take a liking to the cold cat? It didn't make any sense.

"Cats of Starclan, "Firestar's voice rang throughout the forest, "Here before us is a loyal warrior. A cat who has been around since the Ancient Clans. We wish to bring her back to life. To live the life of a warrior again, the life that she was not able to fulfill. May you guide her pawsteps and bring her plentiful hunting. She will serve Thunderclan as if it were her own. We thank you and we will miss you, farewell Moonshade."

Bright light surrounded her paws as it lit up her entire body. Her fur stood up on it's ends and she felt myself fading. The cats around her were gone and her eyes were blinded by the white light which met her.

It suddenly fade out and she adjusted to her surroundings. She was lying on a cold hard floor next to a clear pond which she assumed was the Moonpool.

They did it. I'm here. I'm back. I'm alive again.

The sound of a cleared throat came from her right side and she turned to see Jayfeather standing over her.

"Come, Moonshade." He said briskly, "Let me take you to Thunderclan.