[I.] Just Tricks

A  N o t e   F r o m  T h e  A u t h o r  [ 1 ] :

"When Zatanna's out of town, it's like a hole in this city's heart."

A  N o t e  F r o m  T h e   A u t h o r  [ 2 ] :

Magic is an addiction.

It runs through the veins like a drug, like a poison.

There are people who die from it, like an overdose. People like Gary Lester, consumed by a flies and hunger. There are people who are changed by it, transformed into a person they don't know. People like Alec Holland, now a part of the green, and Boston Brand, a dead man walking. There are people who have given up everything to sustain their addiction. People like John Constantine.

And there are people like Zatanna Zatara, who have survived thus far unscathed.

But those are the key words.

Thus far.

P L A Y L I S T :

i. Way Down We Go : Kaleo // ii. Sacrilege :  Yeah Yeah Yeahs // iii. Mess Around : Cage The Elephant // iv. Fire : Barns Courtney // v. Don't Panic : Clairity // vi. Ophelia : The Lumineers // vii. Crazy=Genius : Panic! At The Disco // viii. Ticking Bomb : Aloe Blacc //  ix. Bad Moon Rising (Cover) : Mourning Ritual // x. Hallelujah : Panic! At The Disco // xi. Should I Stay or Should I Go : The Clash // xii. Glitter And Gold : Barns Courtney // xiii. Hit and Run : LOLO  // xiv. Silhouettes : Of Monsters And Men // xv. House of Memories : Panic! At The Disco // xvi. London Thunder : Foals // xvii. Nicotine : Panic! At The Disco

A N D

Venus Of The Hardsell : Mucous Membrane (aka Spiderlegs)

IT WAS A MIRROR IMAGE when Zatanna returned to Wayne Manor, and her world had fallen apart, her life, crack and dull.  She had no where left to turn to, save the family who had taken her in all those years ago. She banged on the door of the large house. She pulled the hood down over her face, jumping as thunder crashed above her. Her heart was still beating heavily. She looked up, seeing the curtains of two windows move. The larger figure moved away from the first window quickly. The second one was smaller. She couldn't make out any details, but it looked like a child. 

The door swung open. Alfred stood there, looking tired.

"Sorry to drop by unexpectedly."

"Zatanna?" he said, blinking with shock. "We thought... After the incident in... We thought you had died."

She shut her eyes. "I... A lot of people did. I've been working to try and help, but... The west coast isn't very happy with people like me at the moment. I had to get away, and I didn't have anywhere else to go."

"Come in," he said, stepping back to let her in. "Master Bruce is-"

"Is already awake," another voice said. She looked up to see Bruce was walking quickly down the stairs. She hadn't seem him in years, but had seen him on tv a few times.