What is #StopSocialMedia?

#StopSocialMedia is a movement created to encourage people to stand up against social media and the negative effects it has on society and individuals.

Social media dictates many things in many books (be it small or large) by authors utilising things (such as physical looks of characters) that have been deemed, by social media, acceptable and popular, using social media's definition of beautiful so the novel becomes more appealing to readers.

The issue with social media is that, it can be both good and bad. A little, without being negatively influenced by pictures of other people and their lives etc., isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all, it is a place to be social and interactive with different events and people in the world. On the other hand, it increases bullying, which in turn can lead to depression. Social media can even lead to depression and anxiety itself when a person doesn't meet social media's 'beauty' standards. The Internet is not a safe place either, it is not an easy place to trust, you never know who could be on the other side of the screen.

I created this campaign in hopes that others would take a step back from this addicting whole other world and realise as I have that the negatives of social media mostly out way the positives. A little, in moderation, for the right uses, is fine, but the wrong influence can be insanely harmful and hardly any people are standing up against these negative influences. Hardly anyone is saying, 'hang on a minute, that isn't beautiful' of 'that isn't true'. People nod and agree, behaving like sheep.

This movement is open for anyone to join. If you support this cause, then please, use your voice, the power you have, to change something. If you support this cause in literature, then all you need to do is add the hashtag #StopSocialMedia to your wattpad profile and add both the hashtag and sticker to your novel.

The sticker can be found in the bio of this account. There are no limitations on how much you can support this movement, go wild. But you can only add the sticker to your novel, if it supports the cause in a way. It could be freeing the body, making someone's life not-so perfect, having a character not be on social media (reason must be spoken/announced in the book - can't just be parents say no) etc. There are so many ways to support.

I hope you believe is as much as I do. I look forward to you joining me!

Feel free to comment or pm me any questions you have regarding anything or even if you want more of my view and how I came to believe in this movement.

Loves,

#StopSocialMedia